chapter 15

Annas POV-

I woke up feeling cold and looked around. I realized where I was. My parents basement where we would always go when we got hurt. I was a little annoyed because I really didn't want to see them.

I tried moving but I was in too much pain.

"Can someone get the fuck down here!" I tried yelling.

I heard running down the stairs and then they stopped at the bottom step and walked slowly.

"Gracie I know its you." I say softly.

She then walks in slowly and I can tell shes been crying.

"i'm okay gracie." I say.

"i was so scared you weren't going to wake up." She says crying walking up to me.

I wiped her tear and tried my best to sit up.

"No stay laying down. Let me go get your parents and tell them you woke up so they can check you. I'll be right back hold on." She says running up the stairs.

After a few seconds I heard foot steps and saw my parents.

"what am I doing here?" I say.

"Well the alarm went off down here signaling that one of you were in danger. Your chips alarm started going off and then it turned red so we tracked it and found that all 3 of you were together so we brought you all here." My dad says.

"Red? Did my heart stop beating?" I say.

"Yes it did. We brought you here as soon as possible. You've been asleep for 2 days Anna" My dad says.

I didn't know what to say.

"Gracie stood by you almost every second. She was never not here unless she needed to shower and get clothes back home." My mom said.

"Why am I here? Why didn't you bring me to a hospital?" I say.

"You're our daughter we wanted to take care of you." My mom said.

I laughed.

"Oh please enough. You only come into our lives when it benefits you. Please leave me alone!" I raise my voice.

"Look, I know we weren't the best parents when you were growing up and we're sorry for that. I know it's gonna be hard to forgive us but you're our daughter and we'll wait." My dad says.

"I talked with your brothers and I apologized to gracie. She's a good girl and I can see that she loves you, i'm sorry I failed to see it before." My mom says.

I just look at them and nod because theres just too much going on for me right now.

After a few minutes of silence we heard foot steps coming down the stairs so we turned our heads.

"Sup fucker how are you feeling?"Chris says walking up to my bed.

"Oh I don't know maybe like I got stabbed?" I say seriously.

"Chris you're such a dumbass." Bryce says sighing.

"Sorry. I'm glad you're finally up I was honestly a bit scared." He says looking down.

"I'm okay chris, your big sister isn't going anywhere." I say slightly smiling at him.

We all talked for about an hour basically just about everything and anything. Olivia and Conan showed up too but after a bit they decided to go upstairs to give me and gracie some time together.

"You okay my love?" I say holding her hand.

She looks up and I know it's serious.

"You got stabbed because of me. I called out to you and that gave Emma enough time to get you down." She says playing with her rings.

I grabbed both of her hands and kissed them.

"I didn't get stabbed because of you. Emma had the intention of killing me all along to have you but I am glad you called my name because if you didn't I would've killed her." I said the last part quietly.

Gracie stands up and places a kiss on my head.

"I'm just glad you're okay. I don't know what I would have done if you didn't wake up it's just I don't see myself living a life without you and I never have." She says.

I smile at her and bring her in for a kiss.

"I love you more than you'll ever know." I say smiling at her.

"And I love you. I just have a question." She says looking down.

I lift her head up with my finger under her chin and nod.

"Why didn't you ever tell me? you know about your family and how you really met Emma?" She says.

"I was scared that if you found out you wouldn't want to be with me. I'm not that much involved anymore but sometimes I have to get involved even when I don't want to. Emma and I met because of our parents and yes we did go to school together but we grew up with mafia ways. I'm sorry for not telling you." I say.

"Anna I love you and yes it is scary but I wouldn't have left you. I want to be with you no matter what" She says.

"I just didn't want you to think I was dangerous or anything." I say quietly.

"Have you ever killed anyone?"she says looking into my eyes.

I stared at her because I didn't know if she actually wanted to know or if it was a trap.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes." She says.

I nod.

"But it was only because I was protecting me and my family. Please you have to understand that" I say putting her face in my hands.

"Okay. We don't have to keep talking about it but since you've been with me?" She says.

I nod and she nods and holds my hand.

"At least now I know why you would sometimes get home late or have random cuts and bruises on you." She says slightly laughing.

"Yeah remember when I had to get stitches on my head and I said that I fell? I actually just got hit in the head by a gun." I say laughing.

Gracies eyes go wide and she playfully smacks my arm.

"you asshole you should have told me right there and then. You better tell me everything " She says smiling.

I nod and smile back at her. She then grabs my face and kisses me.