chapter 11

⚠️-trigger warning in this chapter, skip if you want to:)
Gracies POV-

Anna and I walked into the restaurant and found her parents table. When they saw us they got up but I saw her parents look me up and down which made me feel nervous.

"Hi girls its good to see you, please sit down." Her dad ethan said.

Anna and her parents hugged but I sat down because I didn't want to hug them if they weren't comfortable with that.

————
30 minutes into dinner.

We all ordered our food and were now eating when Annas mom spoke up.

"So how long have you guys been back together?" her mom sarah said.

I looked at Anna and she put her hand on my thigh seeing as I was nervous.

"About 5 months. I'm really happy mom and Gracie means a lot to me." she says smiling at me.

I smile back at her feeling better.

"And how do you know she won't go and abandon you again? The way she left you heartbroken for months and you take her back so easily. Honestly Anna it disgusts me." Sarah says.

I looked down and instantly lost my smile. I couldn't believe she just said that i mean in front of me.

"What? mom are you serious?!" Anna says raising her voice.

"I think what your mom means is how do you know gracie is actually good for you because we don't think she is by how the past played out." Ethan says.

Anna was about to talk but I put my hand on her hand.

"With all-" I started to say but got interrupted.

"No this isn't a conversation for you to be in!" Sarah raised her voice at me.

"No, Let her talk and don't interrupt her again." Anna says to her mom.

Anna looked at me and nodded as a way for me to keep talking.

"Um as I was saying. With all due respect, I know and understand that i've hurt Anna in the past but we talked about it and our relationship is more happier and healthier than ever. I love your daughter and I know you don't want her to get hurt, I can't promise that i'll be perfect and that her and I won't fight but I promise you guys and her that I won't ever leave her again." I say looking at her parents.

"We just don't think that you guys are good for eachother. especially with all the media going on, its not good to see you girls together." Sarah says.

"Seriously mom? its not good to see us together? Come on Gracie we're leaving." Anna says standing up and putting her hand out for me to hold.

"No, we invited you to this dinner so you stay until the end of it!" Sarah says.

"Not if you're gonna disrespect my woman right in front of the both of us. Call me when you want to act right until then goodbye." Anna says pushing my chair in.

We walk out hand in hand and when we reach outside Anna saw the paparazzi so she grabbed me and kissed me knowing they would take a picture. Kind of like a big fuck you to her parents.

"I love you so much." She says in my ear opening the car door for me.

"I love you so much too." I say smiling back at her.

We both got into the car and lets just say, the night wasn't over just yet.

———————

7:00am the next morning.