𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Know Thy Enemy

♥ ____________________ ♥

Gilbert Residence

Amber opens the door for Alaric, and he walks in, looking up the stairs, "Hey. Is she up yet?"

"I think so... I left her in my room. She slept there all night." Amber sighs.

"What'd you tell her?" Ric clears his throat, "What did Elena tell her?"

"As far as I know, nothing." Amber crosses her arms as Elena walks down the stairs.

"She won't talk to me," Elena grunts.

"We're gonna have to fix this." Ric only looks at Amber.

Jenna then comes down the stairs, "Hey." Elena tries.

"Jenna." Ric tries, but Jenna cuts him off.

"I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go." Jenna huffs.

"Okay, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now." Ric sighs.

"Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it." Jenna nods, puts on her jacket, and grabs her bag.

"Where are you going?" Amber asks.

"I'm going to stay with Kaylee. I have a thesis to write, and I don't want to be in this house." Jenna tells Amber, who nods in response.

"Jenna, please just stop. Let us explain to you exactly what is going on." Ric tries again.

"Elena, I need you to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the Historical Society's check for your mom's foundation." Jenna ignores the man.

"Okay, Jenna, please-" Elena gets cut off again.

"I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from you." Jenna scoffs, slamming the door on the way out.

"Let her go. It's better that she's not here, what with everything that's going on, but maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this..." John says, but before he can finish, Ric stalks up to him and punches him.

Ric grunts, "Sorry, Ammy." He then walks out of the house.

"You know this is your fault, right?" Amber scoffs as John wipes the blood from his mouth and nods. Amber then opens the door to see Josh.