𝐎𝐧𝐞

The Birthday

♥ ____________________ ♥

Tennesse House

A woman walks outside the house from the kitchen door, "Rudy! Rudy. Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you." She bends down and picks up a toy. When she turns around Klaus and Amber suddenly appear in front of her.

"I'm so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you." Klaus apologizes in a terrible accent.

Can I help you?"

"Yeah, our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back." Klaus explains, "We feel like we've been walking forever. Your house was the first we came to. We were hoping to use your phone?"

"Don't you have a cell phone?" The woman asks.

Amber has a soft smile, "His battery died and I left mine in the car which was also dead. Listen, me and my boyfriend have to get to my parents. My dad's in the hospital. Can we please use your phone?"

The random woman immediately nods and goes into her house. Amber and Klaus wait outside. Klaus grips his hand around Amber's waist in frustration before saying, "So, can we come in?"

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." The woman sasses.

"I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting." Klaus groans, dropping the fake accent.

"Well, I'm from Florida."

"Well, that explains it." Amber walks inside and pushes the woman out towards Klaus, who grabs the woman's neck and compels her, "Now show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea."

In the kitchen another woman is frying food and walks over to the counter with the frying pan, "I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." She turns around and sees the first woman, Amber, and Klaus entering the kitchen. Klaus is holding the nape of her neck with one hand. The first woman is sobbing, "What's going on?"

"Please don't be alarmed. I was told Ray Sutton lives here." Klaus explains.

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly."

"But I expect he makes it home, once a month. That's what I thought. Where is he now?" The woman doesn't answer making Amber sigh, "If I have to make you tell me it's going to be infinitely more painful for you. Hmm." The other woman runs out of the kitchen and opens the front door, but Stefan is standing in the doorway. She screams as Klaus, the first woman, and Amber come behind her, "I love it when they run."