𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Break On Through

♥ ____________________ ♥

Mystic Falls Hospital

Alaric is lying down on an MRI couch, about to go into the MRI scanner. Amber, Josh, and Meredith are in the control room, preparing to scan Alaric, "What are you looking for?" Josh asks.

"I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies, or anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it." Meredith explains.

"And if you don't?"

"Well, then we'll deal with that too." A technician slides Alaric inside the machine. Alaric stares at his reflection in the mirror placed above him.

"When did you suspect him? That it was Alaric who was killing all of those people?" Josh asks.

"It was after he told me about his ring. I remembered my grandmother's story about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busy-bodies."

"Or total creeps and crazy," Amber mutters.

"You can leave if you don't like me, Amber." Meredith scoffs.

"I don't have to do anything, Meredith." Amber sasses.

Josh sighs, "Why protect him?"

"Because I'm a doctor, I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And because when he and I first met I felt like...I don't know, I- I just kind of want to help him."

"That's a first." Amber scoffs.

Alaric continues to stare at his reflection in the mirror in the MRI machine. His reflection glares down at him, but Alaric is not making the same expression. Alaric starts to panic. Meredith talks to him over a speaker, "Everything alright in there?"

Alaric closes his eyes and opens them, he stares at his reflection again, its expression is the same as his, "Yeah. Yeah, everything's okay."

After the scan, Alaric is in a regular hospital room getting ready to leave. Amber and Josh come in. "Meredith says that everything is normal," Josh tells him.

"Yeah, well, everything is normal, because there is nothing wrong with me. I didn't kill Brian Walters, I didn't kill Bill Forbes, and I sure as hell didn't shove a hunting knife into my stomach." Ric scoffs. Alaric looks down at the ring, which is the only thing he hasn't picked back up, "Or I did and I've gone insane, just like the Gilbert ancestor who wore that ring."