𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Ordinary People

♥ ____________________ ♥

Old Lockwood Cellar

Amber, Alaric, and Sam walk through the tunnels, "So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Amber asks, shining her flashlight at the walls.

"Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light." Ric says, making Amber shiver.

"Wait, really?"

Damon secretly comes up and whispers behind her, "Ammy." Amber turns around as Damon smirks, "Boo!"

Amber doesn't even flinch, "I'm more scared of your face than what just happened." Amber turns around and keeps walking. Sam puts his arm around her shoulder, keeping her close.

"So, you really can't get in?" Sam asks Damon.

"No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire." Damon scoffs.

"Ancient?" Amber asks.

"See for yourself." Sam, Amber, and Ric walk forward, "This is as far as I get to go."

Amber enters the chamber and shines her flashlight on the walls with the drawings, "What's all this?"

"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story." Ric points at the wall, "That right there, is the moon cycle." He points at another drawing, "A man, a wolf."

"A werewolf." Sam nods.

"Yeah, it's the 'Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style.'" Damon smirks.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s." Sam says.

"I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that." Ric shrugs.

"How long?" Sam asks.

"Long. It gets better. Show them, Ric." Damon says.

"Names. They're not native. They're written in Runic, a Viking script." Ric shows the siblings.

"Vikings?" Amber asks.