𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Do Not Go Gentle

♥ ____________________ ♥

Mystic Falls High School

Caroline and Josh are walking through the gym hall which is being decorated for the 20s Decade Dance. Caroline has a clipboard and is in charge of the preparations as Amber wasn't there yet. "So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" Caroline asks.

Josh shrugs, "It's not... It's just... I want to do whatever I can for him, you know? Amber has no humanity and Sam is in denial of everything so... Who is really caring about Ric right now?" Josh picks up a chandelier, "Where do you want me to hang this thing?"

"You know what, if Amber wanted to hang this monstrosity she should have shown up to do it herself! So should've Rebekah! Just no!"

"I am here. Now stop whining and get to work." Amber shows up, grabbing the chandelier.

Caroline scoffs before running to Jeremy and Sam, "What are you doing?! You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down."

"Trickle, duh," Sam smirks making Jeremy laugh.

Caroline looks at Josh, "Look at them all bromancy."

Josh laughs and nods, "Yeah. Sam wanted to help Jeremy readjust. Sam convinced Matt to let Jeremy get his old job back at the Grill."

"That was nice of him!" Caroline smiles, "What a good brother."

Josh nods, "That's what I said. Jeremy has a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Ric has got him stressed and then there's... Amber."

Caroline nods, "Yeah... I can't imagine how Jeremy feels seeing the two people he loves the most breaking." Caroline then shakes her head, "Okay! Who are you bringing to the dance?"

Josh wraps a feather boa around his neck, "What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, Rebekah, and I were going as a group?"

"Bonnie has a date."

"What?!"

"Elijah called and wanted to see her so she asked him." Caroline smiles.

Josh scoffs happily, "Wow! Go, Bonnie and Elijah!"

"So here's a thought... Why don't you ask Aiden?"