Blurred Colours -Flower Husbands-

I've been wanting to write this and I think it's time for some flower husbands.
Probably one of the best ships ever and you can't change my mind!

Jimmys POV:

Dang it I'm late, again. That's third time in a row for these meetings we have to host every single month. This time it's in Stratos so relatively close by, and the Empire itself is beautiful with the architecture, just a shame the ruler is idiot.

I practically sprinted up the steps of the temple where the rest of the Emperors were. As I barged the door open and wiped the sweat of my face, as dozen eyes stared at me, I think from disappointment. I wouldn't blame them. "Jimmy why are you so late. Again?" The sun queen sighed.

I walked over to the last remaining seat in the room in between Scott and Joey. "Ye my bad Gem." I mumbled, rubbing my neck. "I overslept."
"Really? The exact same excuse as last month." Groaned the goblin getting impatient. I glanced over at Scott who was smiling at me, making me blush. He giggled at the colour of my face and winked as he turned to face the front of the table again.

Thankfully Joel started the meeting and my lateness was forgotten, I think. People started talking about trade and the usual boring politics of being an emperor. If I wasn't the sheriff and had to listen to all of them go on about their empires I'd definitely be snoring. I started to zone out after the first 5 minutes, to stare outside the window looking down upon Lower Stratos. The busy market square already selling their stock while farmers in the wheat fields outside the kingdom were beginning to harvest their crops. Birds chirping as they fly through the warm sky made me feel sort of jealous. Being a canary hybrid is great and all but the others don't know that as I use a potion to hide a my wings and feathers. It's probably best. I jumped back into reality from my daydreams when I heard the men next to me shouting.

"Oh c'mon Joey don't start that now!"
"Don't raise your voice at me Scott! It's YOUR llama that spat in MY drink!"
"Well I'll tell him to stop if you'd stop stealing MY STUFF!"
"HOW DARE YOU! You accuse me of such a crime! Kathrine do you believe this?"
She just rolled her eyes as he complained at the cyanette.

I sadly had to sit through all of that, slowly starting to slide down my chair. I really didn't want to be in the middle of that, literally. I tried to break it up but the pirate just spat in my face with a threat.

Thank Cod (not Joel. Never Joel) someone came to rescue me. Not an emperor but a good friend of mine in Tumble Town, who looked petrified.
"Howdy there. I'm sorry to bother ya but I need the sheriff for one moment."
The men stopped snarling at one another to let me past as I walked cautiously out of the meeting room and closed the door behind me. She looked at me, eyes wide and shaking rapidly. I put my hand in her shoulder and tried to calm her down as tears built up in her eyes. "S-sheriff we need ya back in Tumble Town. Them bandits raided our bank an' want our money or they gunna kill us. They already shot the a few old timers as warnin' shots."

I felt my heart freeze mid beat as she explained what had happened. I needed to get out of this meeting now! I asked her to wait outside the Lower Stratos gates as I bombed back into the room with all the Emperors.

I quickly grabbed my jacket and hat before making my way outside. "I'm really sorry but I got to go back. Some...something's happened." I rushed out the room but someone grabbed my hand. I turned around to see Scott standing there with a Mythical Sausage too. "Jimmy are you okay what's going on?" He sounded concerned. "I'm fine I've just realised I..." I couldn't think of an excuse. "I forgot to feed the cats?"

Scott and I had could always tell when the other lied, this was a good example of that. He tilted his head to open his mouth but before he could respond I'd left and started running towards bullseye in the stable outside. I jumped onto the saddle and raced towards the gates of city to meet my fellow rider. "Thanks for waiting Mary."
"No thank you Sheriff!"

We rode as fast as our horses could carry us, galloping past through the old ruins in the ancient capital and the campfire at spawn and into the dusty sand dunes of the badlands.

Just as we entered the streets of my home town I noticed windows broken with shattered glass across the porch and the once bank almost burnt to a crisp as the darkened wood collapsed onto the ground bellow. The streets themselves were empty and silent, too silent.

I jumped off my horse as did the cowgirl. "Take them to the stables, try and stay hidden." I whispered, lowering my sheriff hat to cover more of my face. "Yessir." She replied grabbing the rains from me and creeping away, the horses behind her. She'll be okay, I've known her many years now and if trouble comes her way I thankfully know she's great with a gun.

Checking my pistol was loaded I trotted down to the other end of the street where slowly more and more of my people stood on the porches of buildings watching me. Some murmured to one another as I headed straight for two young men directing in front of me. Bandits. One of them I recognised, I arrested him for theft a year back and he soon ran off once I let him out. The other I hadn't seen before but I knew who he was. His wanted posters were spotted around my empire with a bounty of 200 gold dead or alive.

From what I know he's one of the gang leaders, not a great guy then.
"Well howdy sheriff!" He grinned under his red bandanna.
"Why hello, you must be Ricky. And Charlie good to see you again." I said coldly, obviously I didn't mean it. He just spat at my face as a thank you. Lovely.
"You know damn well you should be here, so I advise you to leave. Now."
He turned to his companion then back to me. "Is that a threat Sheriff? You against my gang ain't a great idea."
I looked around seeing nothing but curious Tumble Town folk and tumble weed. "You and what army?" I laughed to myself.

Why do I always have to jinx a situation?

About twenty more cowboys came around the corners of building with loaded rifles and pistols in their pockets.

"C'mon Ricky! You had to didn't ya!"
"Mr Solidarity I don't exactly want your blood on my hands so I'm gunna make this quick one alright." He said reaching for his gun.

Noticing quickly I grabbed mine from my belt shooting his hand to send his gun flying. He screamed in pain clutching his hand, cursing loudly.

That was a mistake that led me to having another dozen guns aimed at me and my people facing theirs at the bandits, ready to attack. And they did.

It got messy way to quickly as everyone starting shooting everyone. While I was distracted by all the outlaws being shot dead. It was only Ricky left with a crimson hand and eyes as evil as the devil himself. He reached for the gun on the floor and put a bullet straight through my side before getting his brain's blown out by Mary. Thankfully not many casualties on my side but practically the whole of Ricky's team were stone dead on the hard ground below.

I felt a sharp pain in my side as I stumbled back a bit. My once white shirt now turning dark pink and red as blood trickled down from my hip. I glanced over at the my people before collapsing to the floor. The last thing I saw was a flash of colour land in front of my eyes calling my name as everything turned black.

Cliffhanger!
Want a part 2?
More flower husbands in that chapter!

Word count = 1419