Pain -Boat Boys-

This is a boat boys request from BridgetKennedy9

10k reads.

Huh...

Thank you so very much! I really don't know what to say. This is crazy, thank you for reading and hopefully enjoying my little (well not so little it seems) oneshots book. I would have made a separate chapter for this a/n but I couldn't be arsed. Sorry.

Also I've just been reading Blood and Tears by @thathermitweirdo it's so good! I recommend it 100%!

The cries echoed across the camp. Cries of pain both physical and emotional.

It was deafening to the ear to the hybrids and the humans that fought alongside them against human reign that killed their kind, and those that helped. Many prosecuted and tortured for fighting for what's right.

One of many battles during this war came to an end today, the hybrids won, just.

Silent cheers of a victory were heard when the remaining troops weren't as focused on healing causalities or waiting to hear news of their friend, their brother, sister who lays half head in the infirmary.

As the sun came rolling up the hills and into the sky, two soldiers were stumbling down a hill. One in the arms of the other. "Help! Someone help us please!" The one cried, "He's dying somebody help!"
He held a strong grip as imp hybrid carried his friend away from the battle field.
"Oh my gosh, Impulse this way!" The general ordered, leaving his commander mid conversation to assist his dying troop.
"X, we were on our way back, Etho he just lunged at me and a dozen arrows went in his back- I" Impulse choked a sob as Xisuma helped carry him to the med bay.
They placed him carefully but hastily on a cot. Impulse held his hand on blood wounds, the general yelled for the nearest doctor, swearing while he did so.
"Come on Impulse, you did the right thing. But we need to leave. We can't do anything to help him now, leave it to the healers." He placed an arm around Impulse and leaded him out from the tent, the curtain like door flapping in the cooling wind behind them.

More soldiers began to appear, ones that fought closer to the front lines. "Hey Joel! Great job mate!" A canary hybrid patted the human's shoulder.
"Thanks Jim, you did great to! Your wings okay?"
The blonde smiled, rustling his feathers, "Not a scratch, I'm gunna go find Tango, see ya!" He grinned before shooting off into the sky, swooping around the camp to find his boyfriend.
That made Joel pick up the pace to look for Etho. He and the fox hybrid have been together since Joel ran from home when his parents began working in higher rank against the hybrids. He couldn't be apart of something that could put his lover in danger. His soulmate.

The found Impulse sitting with his head in his hands on a bench near the infirmary. The general beside him looking more tense by the second. "What's wrong with you guys?"
Xisuma's eyes widened when Joel stood before him. "Crap." He muttered. This was the last person they needed here.
"It's nothing Joel." He smiled weakly.
"Don't lie X." Impulse mumbled, "And don't give me that tone Lieutenant SV." The general snapped back.
"Anyhow, have either of you seen Etho?" Hope glimmered in his eyes.
Impulse let out another sob, X avoided eye contact.

Joel's heart beat its last beat when he realised. He felt his last breath being taken from his lungs, he wanted to cry, scream, beg. Anything.

He grabbed the General by the collar, slamming him into a wall behind. Joel hissed, "Where is my soulmate?"
He wasn't sure if it was fear or shock that made Xisuma shudder. He nodded towards the healers' tent ; within an instant Joel ran.

He leaped into the room, eyes frantically scanning the room until they landed on Etho's limp body. Covered in blood.

Joel didn't know he was screaming until he felt a firm hand around his mouth. Someone was dragging him away from the one thing he cared for most in this wretched world. No.

He fought back, arms extended and his feet kicking the strong figure from behind.

Another person came over, could have been Impulse. He didn't know and he definitely didn't care. As he kicked and thrashed at the people pulling him away from Etho he began to feel a sense of ease. The hand still wrapped around his mouth had some sort of cloth in its grip, it had an odd smell to it as well. Joel felt is eyes grow heavy and his protests and slaps becoming less effective.
As the world went dark around him he focused his remaining vision on the one he loved the most, nothing could change that. He loved Etho. He would do anything for Etho, and will burn the world if it meant he'd never be taken from him.

Impulse and X held Joel's unconscious body, Impulse slinging him on his back and carried him to Joel's quarters. All he could think about on the way was what havoc Joel would create if Etho was to die.

In case anyone asks, I'm not writing a part two. I have enough drafts of unfinished requests already.

Anyway, word count is - 890