Don't let go -Scarian-

~Angst~
Please make sure to follow and like/vote if you enjoy (that kinda sounds cringy)

Anyway happy Halloween 🎃!

They all stood, bracing themselves for their leave of Hermitcraft. Doomsday. Armageddon. The apocalypse. The end of the world, the place they've always been since they can remember. All their memories and whole lives are here, in Boatem mainly.

Grian stood facing the opposite Impulse and Pearl as they readied themselves. Impulse shaking slightly, his eyes closed while Pearl let a tear slid down her cheek. For all they knew they are all that's left. Everyone was either dead or preparing for the worst, escaping wasn't an option many had.

His best friend, oldest friend you could say stood ahead of them at the control panel. Grian couldn't see his face but something was wrong. Scar wasn't moving. His hand was hovering above the button, the button that took them straight into the boatem hole itself. He didn't move, didn't breathe as his hand shook above the lever. Grian glanced up at Mumbo, they locked eye contact. Mumbo knew to Scar was scared, they all were, no doubting it. "Scar?" The moustached man spoke, his voice was hoarse. The whole crew discounting Scar shared the same worried look. "Scar?" He repeated, still no use.

Grian stepped forward, Mumbo trying to pull him back, but only to be shoved away. The blonde stood next to his friend and looked up to his face. His heart shattered. "I'm scared." Barely a whisper but Grian heard. Tears fell from his eyes as his lips quivered. "I know," keeping his voice low, he turned to face the others who looked curious at what he was saying, "We all are. But you know what? We're going to find a new home and meet with the other hermits. Cub, Gem they'll be there. All of them just you wait, I bet they're already there."
"Your not alone Scar. We're in this together." He continued. Scar sniffed as the tapped the back of his friend and nodded, his eyes now shut tight. "Alright everyone this is gunna be a bumpy ride! Brace yourselves!" The scared little boy in his voice grew to a confident young man, ready for whatever was thrown at him. He braved a smile and pulled the lever and they flew straight down into the abyss.

Darkness, that's all Grian remembered after that. Pure and utter space surrounded him. No light, no life just him, he was alone. Mumbo and the others were nowhere in site, he tried to call through the communication system, "Hello? Everyone where are you!? Scar? Mumbo Jumbo? Impulse? PEARL! Do you read me?"
Nothing.

One by one, memories came suddenly flying back.

"Scar what happened?"
"I don't- I don't know."
"Mumbo it's alright everyone we just need to stick together, everyone grab a hand."
"Guys. What that?"

-

"DON'T LET GO!"
"What do we do now?" Screamed Mumbo.
"Just hold one, it's will be over soon I'm sure."
"Grian just we need a plan not a prayer. Scar any ideas?"
"Well no but... where is Pearl and Impulse."

-

"GRIAN THEY'RE GONE! Except it we're going to die! Pearl, Impulse and Mumbo they're dead! Gone forever. It's over!"
"Scar."
"WHAT!" His face red from tears.
"Look."

-

The last he remembered was holding hands with Scar as they watched from afar their world collided with the moon, he was gutted. Just like that. Large explosions covering the whole planet as it burned like the fire in his eyes. But he blew them out, he shut them tight and squeezed Scar's hand. "Don't let go Scar." As the shockwave hit them he knew it was over. And he was ready. Ready to start again.

Word count - 623