A slight hiccup -Animal Shifting Grian-

Request is from @Rainbreeze38945

"So Grian just take a step into the machine please." Doc asked as he sat behind the counter with lots of buttons on top.
"Are you sure about this - is it safe?" Grian mumbled.
Doc scoffed, "Safe? Of course not. That's why you're here Grian."
He turned the lever and the door to the blonde's 'cage' closed. Grain gulped as the thick glass door locked in place.

The space around him began to shake, he grabbed the rail beside him to gain some stability. "You okay G?" Cub called from behind the control panel beside Doc.
"Yeah, keep going." He breathed, the air around him becoming humid.

A bundle of sounds soon echoed across the lab, redstone contraptions flickering lights and ticking sounds repeating off from it. Buttons clicking and the sharp hiss of something beneath him going off.

"Hey guys what's that?"
"Nothing, don't worry about it." Doc smiled up at him. Cub whispered in Doc's ear asking if he told Grian what the experiment did, to which he replied, "He didn't ask, I didn't tell."

Then a loud crackle was heard and shortly followed by something exploding beneath Grian's feet. The scientists yelled for Grain and ran him and the floor collapsed at their feet. The Blonde's figure became a blur as it disappeared through the floor, Cub slipped down to but Doc reached for his hand and caught him before he began to fall any more. Doc pulled himself upright with Cub hanging onto him for dear life. "I know this was a bad idea!" Cub screamed in Doc's face.

Doc ignored him and ran to the crater where Gri had stood, he used all the strength he could muster to move the rubble. Careful not to cut himself on broken glass and debris, Cub joined him, still scolding the other hermit.

"You fool, he's probably dead under this whole mess and it's our fault. Xisuma is going to kill us before Grian even has the chance to respawn! What will we do? We'll be kicked from the server won't we? The mess we've made and the havoc it's caused we -"
"Cub will you shut up already! Grian's alive and it will take a few mere seconds to clean the lab from debris." Doc interrupted, trying to keep his voice from sounding too irritated by Cub's wining.

Cub's head shot up instantly, "Did you hear that? I think it's Grian! He's alive! Quick Doc hurry." The hermits dug through and found a barely conscious Grian in the rubble. "Did it work?" He mumbled, rubbing his aching head.
"100% fail but at least you're breathing." Cub breathed as he helped his friend to his feet.

"That's good-" Grian hiccuped and disappeared into thin air.

Cub screamed and jumped behind Doc. "WE'VE KILLED HIM!"
"You're very screamish today, Cub, he's not dead as comms hasn't been notified of his death. Wait- Why is there a chicken in here?"
Cub adjusted his glasses and squinted his dark eyes. "Gri?"
It clucked, causing the feathers on its body to ruffle. "Oh my Lord Grian you're a chicken!"
"Brings back some memories" Doc chuckled.

Cub scooped up Grian and told Doc to bring him to his base, they needed to find a way to fix this. They don't need a sequel to Poultry Man any time soon, especially if this one never ends.

Time skip

"How?" Xisuma stood in absolute awe at the chicken. The three hermits stood around a small table, nested above was Grian the chicken. "Are you sure this is Grian, not just some random chicken who happened to be in the facility?" X placed a hand on his hip, the other resting on the table edge.
"Absolutely certain," Cub winced, "Can you fix him?"
"Yes but I first need you to prove it's Grian."

Doc bent over to face closer to the bird. "Grian, whatever you do. Don't touch this button, alright?" Doc placed a little button near Grian's shank.

I literally had to google 'What do you call the foot of a chicken' for this. I hope it's worth it.

And they waited.

X sighed, "Seriously where is he?" Then he paused once a faint clicking noise came into ear shot. The chicken's toe was on the button and somehow looked very concerned in case it did something. "Told you so." Doc smiled a little too proudly.

"Well then, this shouldn't take long at all." A few taps on his keyboard that seemed to magically appear from his pocket. "Grian, this might stink a bit." X finished.

With a little zap and one last tap Grian hiccuped a final time and appeared back as a human. Though a few white feathers picked from his head, he looked the same he did. A little dazed.
"I didn't like that." He huffed, "Thank you X."

"Anytime Grian, next time you get involved in Redstone, make sure to check what it's supposed to do first." He smiled and then disappeared into the air with his elytra flapping behind him.

"I think we owe you an apology Gri, I'm sorry, we both are." Cub looked down to his feet, but nudged Doc as he did.
"Right yeah, sorry Grian." His accent thick as he spoke.

"Call it karma, don't worry-" Grian started before stopping to hiccup.

"Oh Grian." Doc placed his head in his hands while Cub's jaw dropped at the newly appeared horse in Cub's living room.

Word count - 914