First Dates -Grumbo-

Mumbo had been waiting for this day since forever, meeting the perfect man in a fancy restaurant, drinking red wine and some Italian dish on his plate. Calm music in the background with candles and expensive chandeliers hanging above him and his date.

He'd been in contact with this guy for a few weeks now and they finally decided to meet up. The other had chosen a restaurant about an hours drive from Mumbo's house but that hadn't been a problem.

The evening itself was lovely, a warm sky mixed with orange and pink while a small breeze flew through past him. He stood on the curb outside his house waiting for his taxi as he readjusted his red tie, complementing the black suit and shoes.

Finally the taxi arrived and a smiley lady in the drivers seat pulled over and asked where he was going, "The Boatem's arms please, I believe it's an hour away."
"Oh yes I've been there before, lovely pub that is."
Pub? I can't be having my first date at a bar surrounded by drunks and cigarette smoke. My image!

Mumbo started to panic a little, he wondered what happened to a formal, romantic night out rather than a night worrying whether his watch will get stolen. He'd never been to anything like it, but if he was told correctly, someone in his position shouldn't ever be in a pub. Maybe the lady was wrong, she might be thinking of another place. Yes that's what it is!

He stepped out of the cab, pulling out his wallet to pay the the taxi driver. Once thanking her, he began to walk away towards to the restaurant as she pulled away.

There it was. A wonky countryside house with a straw build roof and in large golden letters red a sign 'The Boatem's Arms' . On the sign near the car park was a large mountain range and a big moon in the background.

Oh dear. He stepped in side to see a room full of character. Families and friends dining at small wooden tables and drinking all sorts of drinks from fruit juice to ale. The Ravenette scanned the room for his date when a waiter came his way. "Hiya there how can I help you!" He smiled. "Oh erm.. hello I'm here on a date-"
"Ah yes a young man came in a few minutes ago, please follow me."

As he followed the waiter to a different part of the building he came across someone sitting in a red jumper with messy blonde hair, that rather suited him, staring out the window. Mumbo didn't even see the waiter leave, he was busy watching the man in front, he's so cute!

He waved just as the man looked up, and took a seat next to him. "Hello sorry I'm late, it's so lovely to finally meet you in person." He smiled trying not to blush, that failed shortly after. "Oh don't worry about it."

They spoke for hours, talking and laughing at funny stories and jokes the other would say. So engrossed in conversation they completely forgot to order food.

Mumbo found the pub not to be as bad as he thought, it was cozy and not to loud. Yet the cheering from the football (soccer) match could be loud at some points.

"Seriously this has been a wonderful night!"
"Yes it has I can't believe it's gone so well. We must come here next time, thank you Ren."

The blonde put his drink down and tilted his head slightly. "Ren?"
"That's your name isn't it?" He started to panic.
"No my names Grian. You're Tango right?"
"Erm no I'm Mumbo, Mumbo Jumbo."
They watched each other when the realisation hit. They got the wrong date. Then the blonde burst into laughter, making Mumbo feel a rather embarrassed but began to chuckle as well.

Soon after walked past a man in a red shirt, "Excuse me are you Mumbo?"
He froze, did he want to be with the man he was supposed to be on a date with or the other guy he already felt so close with.
"Oh sorry no my name is Tango."

The brunette walked of in search of 'Mumbo' while the other two stood to leave the restaurant as they argued who should pay the bill, eventually deciding to split it.

They stood outside and watched the dark sky full of stars and the glowing moon. A taxi horn sounded near by as it pulled in front of the couple.
"Well that's my lift. See you next week?"
"Yes next week. Perfect!" He blushed.

Grian left in a shiny black car as the ravenette waved goodbye, he held his cheek carefully which was marked with a small and red shaded kiss. Oh what a night.

Afternoon! Or it is for me at least.
I'm pretty sure the UK football is called Soccer so hopefully I got that right.

👋 Bye

Word count = 829