Legends never die -ESMP-

Anyone watched Secret Life? I've fallen out of sink with the series as life got in the way. 💚💛♥️
Sorry guys it's a long one, unless you like that.

-Mezalea, 8 years before the Rapture.-

Joel
There is 12 months in a year and 12 empires on the SMP. This means every month someone has to host the monthly meeting in their Empire, that someone is now me. Doesn't help it's the middle of a bloody heatwave too. I thought it would be lovely to hold the meeting in my newly decorated throne room, terracotta walls and colourful ceilings with marbled floors, the usual. And obviously my throne at the end of a glorious acacia table, ten oak chairs for the others while my wife had her own throne (smaller than mine of course). Planning the meeting was harder than the previous year as then we didn't have continental war and apparently corrupted rulers. Fwhip and Jim never truly got on but once a war was triggered on both ends of the party any chance of friendship was "burned alive and what remained scattered into the darkest of oceans." I quote from Pixl.

I'd guessed pretty much who should sit with who and who shouldn't sit with who. An example of this would be...
Wizard Gem and Lord Sausage 🚫
King Scott and Emperor Joey 🚫
The most handsome King of the Mesa and Jim 👍

Get the idea?

I figured we should have the Cod Alliance on the left of the table and what's left of the Wither Rose Alliance followed by Shrub on the right. The others can choose their seats. See I wanted this meeting to be an organised event where things go smoothly. Now when I told my wife this she asked if I was at all unwell, but I later explained to her that the last meeting ended in Kathrine crying, Joey lunging for Fwhip with a knife and myself leaving the building unconscious in Pearl's arms. As much as I love chaos I'd rather we didn't repeat that episode in my palace.

I'd planned a mental note of who'd be sitting where once they all arrived, afterwards we'd discuss any issues in their empires and propositions for other empires to then probably talk about. We had rules created long before we were alive that our ancestors had created once these meeting had begun: No violence, No death, Don't anger the Elves and have at least one member keep their sanity intact. It seems even they had problems with that as no one kept to those rules. A death had occurred only once -thank Jeremy- in a meeting, happened to be Fwhip and Gem's grandfather, it was an accident from what I can gather. An informal rule is to not bring it up.

The day of the meeting is today, at 11:00am, nice and early. Lizzie, my wife, woke me to glass of water to the face and a kiss the on cheek. I wore some random formal attire Lizzie said would suit me and I accompanied her to the meeting room. She wore a dress I'd not seen before, she said Pix bought it for her not long ago and hadn't worn in yet. It was beautiful, a Sandy cream slowly blending towards the bottom into a light blue that draped along the floor behind her. She looked amazing, she always did.

"Joel stop gaping at my sister!" Called a voice from the top of the stairs, "Such a protective little nuisance my brother is, don't you agree?" The Ocean Queen smiled at the taller man beside her. "Indeed my Lady." Agreed the Copper King.
"I heard that."
"Oh quit complaining the lot of ya! We have a meeting to attend. Scott's already here." Joel fused as he shooed the group from the stairs and pulling them into the hallway leading to the throne room. "Jimmy stop blushing you look pathetic." He added as they walked inside.

Already things didn't go according to plan.

Scott was sitting on the wrong side opposite Jimmy and Pix. Around five minutes later Kathrine arrived with Gemini, Joey strolled in with an unnerving smile plastered on his face as Fwhip came inside limping on a crutch, I made a mental note to ask about that. Within the next ten minutes everyone else arrived, late. Most were talking peacefully between one another with allies when i decided to stand and start the meeting. I got they're attention with a rather violent cough and after eating a mint I made my little speech. "Morning fellow Emperors," I tried to sound formal, "As you know you're all gathered here to discuss whatever rubbish needs talking about and all the different ways we can keep the red plants from growing in my garden." Formal Joel just doesn't work. "Let me just remind you all that I want all twelve of us to leave this room in tact. Right then, I'll start!" I forced a smile onto my face.