Long Live the King -Etho and BdoubleO-

Requested by @ijuswannahavefun

The date was beautiful, no it's was better. We'd been dating for a weeks now and each night he'd take me out I felt more and more comfortable with being around people again. With him again.

Being the person I am, anyone would kill for my job. Literally. Being a Kingsman I had a problem with trust.

The King and the others working for him had a problem, one we never thought to expect. The King chose his allies carefully, the fact one of them had the audacity to play spy for the enemies and hand over our private information was horrible. Worse, in fact. As it's an act of treason, when we discover the traitor they will be punished.

To take the pressure of discovering the traitor, Etho asked to take me out for lunch. I've had a crush on him ever since he joined the King's court a few years back. He was a confined but friendly man who just seemed to make my heart flutter when he walked by.

Since that day, we've spent most of our lunch's together and a few evenings. Away from work and the stress it brings. He's been helping me through this case and we're so close to cracking the code, who the criminal is.

That brings us to the present time.

A special date is planned by myself and I was planning to ask Etho to be my boyfriend, if he agrees then I'd take another step and ask him to move in. And maybe, just maybe we'd share our first kiss.

We'd finished our meal as the clock struck 23:00, I decided while we took our usual stroll around the streets to my house, where I'd plan to ask the questions. He walked hand in hand laughing with one another and flirting too, before Etho came to a halt. "Bdubs, my darling may I ask you something." His eyes so soft, my god I loved him so much. I nodded. "Good well, I was thinking." He paused. But smiled beneath the mask.
"I was hoping that you'd like to take a step further into this, relationship. You see, I love you. I love you more than you could ever put into words."
I felt my face heat as he spoke the words I've longed to hear, "I love too." I grinned like a child entering the biggest toy shop they'd ever seen.

He took a step closer and placed a hand on my cheek. I gazed up into his eyes, they sparkled in the light on the street lamp beside us. He lowered his mask from his face, showing the most beautiful face I had ever seen. His perfect complexion and his smile so kind. But as my eyes flickered across his face his remained on my lips. Waiting. I nodded and within seconds his mouth was on mine. I melted into his arms as he held me, I felt so safe.

The kiss grew deeper but controlled, we didn't want to wake with regrets. Etho held me close as he kissed me. I felt a sharp breath realise from my mouth causing us to end the kiss. I stared up, I couldn't break away from his. He leaned down and whispered into my ear, "Thank you for trusting me darling."
I practically heard the smirk on his face as he buried the knife deeper into my abdomen.

I tried to pull way though his grip was too strong, how could I be so stupid. He help in his arms as we reached a dark ally, my guess was to keep us hidden. The pretty much dropped onto the cold floor as a yelped in pain. I had seconds.
"I needed a way to keep my identity a secret from the King, becoming is guard was only beginning of my game. I needed someone's trust, preferably someone who was close to the King." My eyes widened.
"I saw the way you looked at me, I took that to my advantage. I courted you, made you fall straight into my pocket. I made sure you believed to be close to finding the traitor when all this time you were panting after him all along." He crouched down and glared at me. His whole face was still one show, even though he'd just stabbed me I still couldn't bring myself to loathe him. His beauty.

I couldn't even talk, the words I tried to form in my mouth escaped me. "Oh Bdubs. It was wonderful to know you, I wish we had more time together but I've got a job to do." He placed one final kiss on my forehead before leaving me to die.

Alone.

The next day

"So you see your highness, he was a traitor and a liar and went behind your back. He didn't just betray his nation but also myself. I loved him with all my heart, and the fact he stabbed as we shared such a delicate moment was atrocious." I choked in a sob as I placed a hand on my wounded side. "I'm just glad Scar found me before it was too late."
"Where is he now?" Asked the King, shock was plastered over his face.
"That I don't know my king, but we'll find him." I bowed my head.
"Good work Etho, I'm proud to have you in my court. As loyal as you are." The king stood from his throne.
"Long live the king."

I hope that wasn't too much of a twist.
Word count - 928