Never Ending Flames -PART 2-

Well part two seemed to be a popular ask.

:)
Also like 6k?!?!?!
That's bonkers.
BUT THANK YOU!!!! 🤩
To conclude, can you guys see the pictures above the title? They sometimes appear black for me and I don't know if it works for others.

Cleo
"CUB! Where are you?" She landed just outside his base to call his name, Scar's wounds looked painful, seeing Scar in pain wasn't easy, especially baby Scar. Though, she's said otherwise on the Life Series. But that's an exception. "Cub get your nerdy butt out here! It's Scar!" She called again.
Cub's head appeared from a side room and he paced towards the zombie hybrid, dusting his hands onto his lab coat. Little black and blue sprinkles dancing around him and sticking to his coat. "Is that-" She questioned but was quickly dismissed by Cub,  "Nothing, it's nothing." The sentence felt rushed, but Scar was a bigger problem now to whatever Cub had been experimenting on.
"Where's Scar?" His face was covered in worry.
"They're at Grian's giant castle rock thingy."

Cub grabbed his elytra that lay on a random crafting table by the door and took some rockets from a chest, ready to take off. He felt Cleo grab his arm before he could begin flying. He spun his head around, "You might need some healing potions or something." That's when Cub's heart began to beat rapidly quicker. Panic lit up in his eyes as he raced to the nearest fist aid kit. He fumbled with potions and sorts before throwing them recklessly into the bag. "Let's go." He shouted as he speed walked to the door. They took off to Scar.

Xisuma
I loved Autumn, I guess I could say it was my favourite time of the year. A new server and a new beginning always excited me, a fresh start could never hurt once in a while. The leaves handed beneath my feet, its shape crumbled and darkened into a reddish brown. The colours were so beautiful and the wind blowing in my face so relaxing I could stand here forever. Though my peaceful thoughts didn't stay that was for long.

I heard a familiar voice scream my name from the cloudy sky above me. By the red feather that flew past my face I knew it was Grian, "Grian, what on earth is the matter?" I asked.
He landed just beside me, he eyes flickered purple ever few seconds and his face was pale. "Grian?" He was scaring me now.
"We need to go, it's Scar he..." Tears fell from his eyes as he tried to explain. "It's all my fault he must of made contact with the rift and now he's a child and I don't know what to do." I could barely understand him at the rate he was speaking. "Okay calm down G, just sit down a moment." I placed my arm round his back, making large circular motions to try and comfort him. "Now tell me what happened."
"Well the storm from a few days ago, me a-and Scar went to my base to keep sheltered and I told him not to touch anything. But he didn't know about it, no one knows about the rift but you so how was he to know he couldn't touch that especially." He stopped to wipe his nose on his sleeve. "Now he's just turned into a kid and I don't know what to do. I could use my magic but if they knew. Oh my goodness X what if they knew about me. The real me, they'd want be gone." His form slowly started to disappear into the watcher he kept hidden. I had no other choice but to slap him around the head so Grian would come back. "Oww, but thanks. Sorry."
"Don't apologise you can't help it sometimes, now take me to Scar. I know you can fix it, it's a simple watcher magic I'm sure, but I'll make the excuse of it being an admin glitch - alright?"
He nodded slowly as his wet eyes stared weakly into mine.
"This way."

-

"Psstt! Etho, what do we do with him?"
"I don't know? I've not been around kids long enough to know what do with them." He shrugged.
"Hey Scar, so umm- what do you. want. to do?" Ren hesitated, his hands clasped as he spoke.
The child responded with a shrug as he picked a daisy from the earth, then another to create the beginnings of a daisy chain.
Ren's eyes lit up with excitement, "Oh I love making these flower necklace things. I used to see Jimmy and Scott wearing them a while back. Shame they didn't have a so lovely end, ay Etho?" Ren's eyes met with Etho's disappointment and Scar's down right horror. Realising his mistake he slammed his mouth shut and continued picking flowers.
"Scar, our friend Cub is on his way too help us take care of you, and your injuries. Could you tell us how you got them?" Etho asked softly.
The child's body froze, he shook his head violently and held in a few sobs as he pierced the stem of the small flower. He found him drawn in a hug from the two men that had been sat beside him. He hold onto them both and let his tears spill.

"SCAR!?! SCAR WHERE ARE YOU!" Cub shouted from the top of his lungs while he zigzagged across the shopping district. Scar peeped over the shoulder of Etho to see a familiar face frantically searching for him. "Cub?" He croaked. Cub spun around when he heard someone say his name, "Scar?" He called.
"CUB!" The child leaped away from the others and ran as quick as his legs could carry him over to Cub. They met with a smooth embrace, they both shared tears, which was a first to see Cub cry. Cub fan picked the small child up and walked him over to a bench near by. The other hermits followed as Cub set him down. "You look older." Scar mumbled.
He let out a little laugh as he opened the first aid box, "That's because I've been working very hard with your parents recently. The lack of time off makes me go grey."
"Where are they?" Scar slowly began to smile.
Cub paused, he gulped and looked back at the kid, "They're at work now, we'll take you over to them when we're done shall we? We could get a take out while we're at it. How about a Mezalean?"

-

Five minutes paced and in flew X with Grian. "Oh my god, Scar..." his voice trailed of his tongue as he walked over to the slowly healing child. "Who's that?" Scar whispered to Cub,
"That's my friend X, he's going to take you home." He wrapped a bandage around his arm.
"But I want to you take me home!" Scar was close to tears again. "You said we'd get food too."
"And we will, I'll come with you, promise." He smiled gently.  Xisuma got a device from his pocket and fiddled around with the controls, before nodding to Grian and the other remaining hermits. After Cub noting the indication that X was ready, he held Scar's hand hold him to stand still. "What's happening Uncle Cub?" He timid voice echoed.
"We're just getting ready to leave, say goodbye kido." He gripped the child's hand firmer, as if he didn't want the child to go home, ever.
"Ready?" Xisuma asked. He received a nod and hit a random button on his device, he signalled with his eyes for Grian to take action. With a flick of his wrist and a quiet spell said aloud under his breath, Scar's form slowly began to fade away as he left their world to join his own.

As soon as Scar had gone Cub sank to his knees and shook vigorously as he cried. The others ran towards him in seconds. "It's Scar." He cried.
"Cub where is he know, what happened to him?" Asked Cleo.
"I moved to a town, before hermitcraft this was. I got a job at a hospital, hence my nursing skills. I met two lovely people working there also. They had a son, he was a delight truly." He paused to catch his breath. "I was at a late shift one night, when I saw on one of the hospital TVs that a house fire and started, their house. I ran so fast I think I flew. By the time I got there it was too late, the house was devoured by flames and consumed in ash. I heard screams coming from the house. The fire service couldn't get inside because of the house slowly collapsing. I tried to get in but I was ushered away." He sniffed into his sleeve, "They forced me to wait and watch as the firefighters pushed into the house, they carried out three bodies. Two women, barely recognisable by the burns that trailed their skin and a small boy. The boys mom died in hospital that night and his ma two days after. Having no other family I took him in." Cub dried his eyes weakly.
"And the child was Scar?" Grian pointed out.
Cub nodded.
"That's why you knew exactly what to bring when I called for you." Cleo muttered.
"And he called you Uncle, and knew your face but not ours." Etho commented.
"Yes." He sighed. "X, when will Scar be back?"
"It will be the same as if he died as was ready to respawn. He'll be back with in the hour now the glitch is fixed."

Most of the hermits parted ways after Cub calmed down. Grian along with Cleo stayed by his side until a figure appeared infront of them.

"Why hello there Cub, what are you doing here?"
Cub fan looked up from the ground and raced to his friend, hugging his so tight Scar couldn't breath. "Well that's a surprise." He gasped out but hugged back happily.

The End
Word out - 1677