Fiend -Vampire Mumbo-

This is a request from @Rainbreeze38945

Hello!
Just thought I'd say.
Every now and then, someone likes or comments on my one shots and it's really sweet. It always makes me smile that someone out there likes my writing.

But...

What I love is when somebody likes about 20 of my one shots in the time span of 5 seconds and my phone just explodes. It's so funny to see but I'm just glad that they like it.

Anyway, on with the story...

It was a late night, during the middle of winter. The snow hadn't began to set just yet but instead turning into cold puddles at Mumbo's feet. He didn't shiver at the crisp breeze that greeted him, he didn't feel that anymore. He couldn't care anymore. He was just glad it wasn't Summer.

Not when he was hungry. Hungry enough he could eat anything that passed him. A crow flew by, croaking in the night sky, Mumbo felt his tounge lick his lips at the thought of his teeth sinking into its neck. No, it wouldn't do.

The starvation was getting to his head. He hadn't even noticed the red marks on his pale skin as he clawed on his skin from agitation. He cursed under breath ; licking the faint spots of blood from his wrist.

Every noise seemed to sharpen in his ears, his pointed ears. God, he couldn't stand it. Stop. Make it stop. He growled when the sounds became louder so he decided to walk somewhere else, somewhere quiet. The forest would do. He could try at least, anything was better than the shopping district or the dark corners of the Ancient Monument.

He felt like he couldn't walk quick enough through the wood. Eventually he gave up and transformed into his other side. A small creature with wings many found either fascinating or terrifying. A bat's wing was beautiful according to Mumbo, it seemed perfect to him, and not much did seem close to his standards anymore. So he let his wings carry him, gliding through the trees. To do only one task.

Hunt.

- The next Morning -

Iskall woke to the sun shining fondly in his face. The curtains deemed useless as the sun seeped through. He rubbed his eyes and began his day with a slice of burned toast and a little too much jam. He took a bit and went outside to collect wood for his mega base, or tree in other words.

(Yes this is set in S7)

The woods were a peaceful place to live, busy with wildlife, empty of hermits. Just how he liked it when people annoyed him. The birds chirped as the sticks snapped and crunched beneath his feet. Though the birds comforting songs died down as a painful whimper came into ear shot.
He looked around for any obvious sign from where the sound could have come from. An animal of sorts must of been hurt near by, if it was hermit he'd definitely know about it.

Close to his feet a small black creature lay curled up on the snowy ground. A bat.

Not many bats came out into the woods since Iskall moved in, though it being winter he guessed things had changed.

It shook violently on the cold ground as his its wings from Iskall's vision. Carefully, he scooped the creature into his hands and moved his head around to look for any obvious signs of damage. The bat's wings looked as if they'd been burned at the body itself seemed worryingly thin. He panicked.

He took no time to get back to his home and laid  the mammal down onto his bed, now wrapped in a small, pink, fuzzy blanket. Its cries appeared to be becoming more prominent and upsetting by the minute. Iskall now had a small cup of warm milk for it to feed upon. Reluctant and first, but eventually it gave in. He whispered it comforting words as he cradled it in his hands as it drank the milk.