Rogue -Watcher/Listener au-

So this all makes sense let me explain my au for this oneshot...

Grian is a watcher, the hermits know but the Emperors don't, except Jimmy.

Jimmy is a listener, the hermits do know but the emperors don't.

They only turn into their other self when really upset or angry, and loose control of their body and the watcher/listener takes control, but it doesn't last very long.

The emperors hate both beings (watchers and listeners) and if they'd seen one they'd try to kill it.

"Grian I'm scared. It hurts Grian, it hurts."

He just stared at him as he reached through the bars, tears dropping from his face.

He fell to his knees and held his hands to his ears, screaming in pain.

All he did was watch, watched his suffering. Watching was all he could do.

It went on for a few minutes straight until it was quiet, almost anyway. He saw as he rocked back and forth, crying to himself.

He felt himself have that urge to run and help him, he was his friend after all. No, he wasn't his friend. He was Grian's friend.

Grian flew out of bed, breathing heavily. He wipes the sweat from his face before calming down with the breathing exercises that Impulse had given him.

Nightmares had become a reoccurring thing for the last few weeks, since they'd been in Empires his other self has been going crazy, begging to take control for a little bit. 'Just to explore' it would say, he know that's not true. It knows there's a listener somewhere on the server, he wanted to kill it.

Watchers and Listeners are very different except for one thing, they were extremely dangerous. They hated each other, it was unheard of, out of the question for them to be friends. Yet somehow it happened.

Evo had separated Grian from his friends but now that two of them had become Listeners he could finally see them again. But that wasn't a good thing. He had been forced to become a watcher, but the listeners tricked the others to becoming the monsters they chose to hide now.

But they were free now, free from the temples they'd been stuck in, taught in, practiced magic in, tortured in. But they weren't free from the curse. Something that would only be broken by death, even that was almost impossible. Being the God like beings they were it was a lot harder for them to die.

Grian stretched his arms out wide with a yawn and got out of bed. Once putting the usual clothes of a red jumper and black jeans on he climbed down the stairs of his home and walked into the entrance of the building, currently full of hermits, talking and eating breakfast.

"Morning Gri! Come sit over here! Jevin's just made toast." Called someone from behind him, Pearl. She was sitting with Scar and Impulse on the hill outside the Hermitopia tower.

He smiled as he made his way down to his friends. On the way out, Jevin passed in a few slices of toast, toppings of raspberry jam, his favourite. He sat down next to the trio, in between Pearl and Imp. "Hiya Grian, you sleep any better last night?"
He shook his head, Impulse giving a small sigh. "No really, another nightmare I'm afraid."
Scar gave him a small little hug for comfort before going back to munching on his Nutella covered toast.

"Did you do what I said?" He wondered.
"Ye I did the breathing thing and it helped, thanks."
The other smiled and took a bite from the meal. That's when Pearl spoke, "Gri have you spoken to Jim about it? He might be having the same issue?"
"Mmm ye" Scar just made out while chewing on his food, "He look terrible last time I saw him, yesterday I think. He said he had a rubbish night. Maybe it's linked?"
"Ye I'll go speak to him, I need some more rockets anyway."