Dark eyes -Xisuma Angst-

Requested by @C6MMr7nn22

9k... guys seriously what is wrong with you?! Thank you so much!
This is insane.

I can't sleep, not now, no.
I won't sleep.
Not yet.
Not till it's done.

I haven't stopped, I can't. This server is being faced with a major update and I can't seem to handle all the stress of the glitches and langs that need fixing.

Most days a hermit or two will send a message complaining about the server's security issues and bugs. I stop to eat, I stop to sleep and I stop for the loo. This was a week ago.The update is so almost over then I am relieved from the heavy weight of it all. But no one would understand what I got through every single day to make their lives as easy and fun as possible on Hermitcraft. Now that the update is close to an end the glitches are more noticeable, for some reason. So my routine apart from work is toilet breaks. I've not eaten anything for a day or so now and don't even get me started on sleep. I just don't remember that last time I laid down upon my bed, my warm, comfortable bed.

I have always enjoyed coding and the little things about the server though that has very much changed. I'd rather do anything but that, I'd rather eat my keyboard than having to code another stupid thing on the world.

-

I've sat at my desk all day and night waiting and working. I can't seem to think straight. Though as I'm taping away slowly on my keyboard a hear a this coming from downstairs, I ignore it. I ignored it because I couldn't care less if someone broke into my home for diamonds in my chest or to kill me as part of prank. Then I hear the stairs, it was a loud creek from each floor board the person stepped on, it's not a pleasant sound. "If you're here to take my stuff," I yelled to the door, "Then try to be at least quiet about it!"
I huffed, my anger dying like a fading flame of a candle.

The door of my office opened, at first slowly then with more and more force as random junk and paper work blocked it from opening further. I heard a grunt, barely audible but this place was quiet I'd learned to hear even the slightest sounds. It felt I was going insane. Standing in the doorway was a face I dreaded to see. "Why are heck are you here?" I didn't hide my frustration.
"Am I not allowed to visit my favourite little brother?" He smirked, god I wanted to punch it off his face so bad.
"No. Now beat it, I'm busy if you can't tell."
"Get up." The humour in his voice fades along with the smile. His expression as cold as the coffee in the mug beside me.
My brows shot up, "Excuse me?"

"I told you to stand up, brother."
I stood up slowly, "You're no brother of mine."

He didn't wince as a spat the insult, instead drew closer to me. I stepped back until my back hit the desk and my brother only an arms reach away. "Call me what you like Xisuma, I'm not leaving you."
"That's a first." I grimaced.
He grabbed my arm and pulled me way from the office. I tried to rip my arm from his grasp but his grip was stronger. It wasn't forceful though it was a powerful tug on my arm as he led me to into the hallway.

"Which one is yours?" He asked.
"The one on your right, why?" I didn't get a clear response until a few minutes had passed.
Once we entered my room I had an idea of what he meant to do.
"It's been a while since I slept in here."
He didn't ask any questions, he didnt need nor wanted to know why, presumably he figured out by now.
"I'm not leaving this room till you're asleep."
I sat down on my bed, him in the chair opposite.
"A little creepy." I frowned.

He winked, "I've done worse."
I didn't want to know, I didn't even care.

"I've got to finish that code." As I went to stand I found myself immediately in the arms of Evil X and later lying in the bed, the covers over my chest.
"Don't touch me!" I growled, it did nothing.
"Fine, but if you try to leave, I won't hesitate to stop you, brother dearest."
I huffed, "I thought I told you not to call me that. You are not my brother, not anymore, not since..." No point finishing that sentence, we both knew what I was implying.

"How did you know, I wasn't taking any breaks?" I yawned as it sat up in bed. Trying to change the conversation as I saw a glimmer of sorrow in his eyes. Or was I dreaming it?

"I have my sources X."

"Why did I even bother asking, clearly you're not chatty." He had been the talkative one.

"Sleep." He crossed his arms, his right leg lifted to rest above the left. "You can't make me."
"If I have to drug your already stone cold coffee I will."
I gulped, he wouldn't surely - right?

I wondered more about why he was helping me, he wouldn't give me clear answers so I'd have to solve it. It's like a game, a puzzle. Similar to the ones we'd play as children. As my thoughts grew deeper, my eyes fell heavy as they were dark. The bags beneath them could fit every diamond Mumbo has ever owned. And that's saying something.

Then the world became a haze and I fell gracefully into the land of sleep. Only to wake up with the code and update complete with no sight of my brother.

My apologies if it's a little short. Have a lovely evening. I was aiming to do two but things got in the way. Definitely one out tomorrow!

Bye 👋

Word count - 1076