Broken Art -Smallishbeans Angst-

Warning - Panic Attacks
Request by @LettyDoesWritting

"Peace and quiet always does the trick - right?" Joel thought to himself. He glanced up at his advisors and emissary who were all arguing about the new laws put in place from the new king, Fwhip. "He isn't exactly an ally now is he? We fought on separate sides of the war and remained that way afterwards. His rule shouldn't need to affect us." Someone said from the side.
"You highness, Fwhip is the leader now, and an enemy to Mezalea. Do you really believe we should follow his orders?" Questioned Alden, Joel's most trusted friend and now Emissary of his empire.
They'd fought side by side during the war and his loyalty was always to his King and empire. Joel raised his head to face his court. A sudden change in the faces occurred once they'd locked eyes with the King. Faces of guilt and shame. "My king-"One started, "Are you alright?" Genuine concern now plastered her face. He took a deep sigh and stood from his seat and left the room without a word. Leaving behind a room of concerned faces he walked away from the study to his art room. No one was allowed in this room other than himself and his wife, of course a maid was allowed once a week to clean the cobwebs and so forth but even that was something that Joel didn't necessarily want. Sometimes he'd do the chores in that room himself just to keep it a private space for him and him alone.

He sighed once again as he took a seat and began to reach for the clay. Pottery was a hobby he'd gained from his mother when a child. Watching her create such beautiful pieces of artwork out of the material he was able to collect from his backyard seemed crazy to the young boy. Now that hobby became a passion time and way to relax and take the stress away from the King. Today that was cutting it.

"Joel stay out of this, you're more of a nuisance than anything."

"For Aeor's sake you pathetic, egotistical little s- SHUT UP!"

"For the last time I'm busy Joel! Go pester someone else for once in your life."

They wouldn't stop. They wouldn't leave.

The voices got louder. More frequent as they replayed over and over in his head. Work had been a stress currently and the support of his family and friends was lacking. It felt as if they had no use for him now the war was over, history. Fwhip almost killing Kathrine and stealing the crown from her dying self and demanding new rules. Along with Lizzie's prophecies and Jimmy going slightly mental over the Cod Council's actions, Joel was tired of the pressure and the hate he'd get from the others.

"Baby I'm not in the mood. Go to bed."

"Hey Joel, do us a favour and get the hell out of my house before I make you."

Pix died around two years ago now and it hit hard for all of us in the alliance. Jimmy especially. He's not been the same since his friend died, more protective and easily provoked, hence why Scott didn't want him around as some red necklace he wore might cause trouble.
Lizzie had more attacks on the ocean empire and her powers grew stronger, meaning she'd have to learn to control better. Gem was helpful with this.

He needed a break, a day, a week or a month just something to get all this off his mind. Something to make him forget about the troubles consumed him at home.

But that voice inside didn't have the same idea.

-

The Ocean Queen was taking a walk through the palace when she saw the emissary admiring a painting on the wall. "Morning Alden, shouldn't you be in a meeting with my husband?"
He turned face her, remembering his title he bowed to her presence, "Please Al you're a friend, you don't need to be formal with me." She waved her hand for him to stand. A small smile on her face. He stood and huffed, "I'm not sure where he went. He left like 10 minutes ago, he looks terrible Lizzie, is there anything I should know about?" He spoke softly.
"I don't know. Give us a minute would you? If he's ready he'll join you later today for a meeting, if not then tomorrow. He might just be tired." She hoped that was the case.

A general knock on the door could be heard from the art room. Lizzie's head appeared through the small gap in the door, her face terrified. The once so carefully decorated and neat room now was destroyed, as if the place had been attacked. The walls were splattered with clay and paintings now fallen onto the marble floor below. "Joel? Darling are you here?" Her whisper was barely heard in the deafening silence surrounding her.

She wandered the room in a hopeful search for her husband, who was to be found in the corner of the room. His head buried in his hands as silent sobs escaped his lips. His brown hair was ruffled and loose along his tear stained face. For his eyes seemed empty and heavy as they effortlessly stared into the eyes of the Ocean Queen. She bent down and brought Joel into a hug, one that would only attempt to walk his heart and melt away those sorrowful feelings that engulfed him. "I'm sorry." He chocked.
"Why should you apologise now my dear, if you're in such a state as this then it's my fault for not noticing sooner." She rested her head on top of his.
"It's not you, never you. It's just-."
"Joel?"
"Am I good king? I mean I know people praise me but what do the others think? I can't control my height, my ego isn't that big and I think it's a good thing that I've avoided 6 assassination attempts on me." He sniffed, "But the others clearly don't agree. I'm not good enough to be the King. Damn it why disnt I just pass the title onto my little sister. She would as been so much better at the job. I means she's perfect and organised and I'm... not."
"Joel. You are the King of Mezalea and will be for a long time to come my dear. Your sister would never of been able to do such an amazing job as yourself. As good as she is, she's more suited to being your General rather than your Queen. I'm proud of you Joel, as are your people and fellow rulers."
"I love you." He whispered.
"I love you too, but I'd love you even more if you clean yourself up while I sort this place out."
"I have a meeting to get back Lizzie, Alden said that-" He began.
"Alden, along with the others are busy, the meetings are cancelled for today baby."

Joel stood by the door way, taking a deep breath once he saw the painting that lied on the floor. "Kathrine's going to kill me for ruining her painting."
"Then let's hope she never finds out."

Sorry if it seems rushed or something.

Word count - 1209