Never Ending Flames -Scar Angst-

Request by @His_Little_Wh0rE
And I'm sorry for the late upload. It's a pathetic excuse. Anyway happy reads!

Hermitcraft. Season 9

The weather wasn't perfect but to the hermits of this world that didn't always seem to matter. Until the winds grew stronger by the hour, keeping most of them to stay inside except one elf. "Scar you idiot! Get inside before you hurt yourself!" Called a familiar voice from inside his vault.
"Okay okay! Give me a minute while I finish sorting this chest!" Scar yelled back.
"Scar!" Mumbo repeated in frustration.

Scar on the other hand could barely hear the last yell from his friend as the wind blew into his ears. The sharpness of the wind made his eyes water and his balance wasn't sturdy enough to keep him from flying away. Another gust of wind hit him square in the chest and sent him falling from the bridge he had been standing on. If it wasn't for an annoyed parrot hybrid catching him he would be in lots of trouble. Or at least that's what he thought. "Scar, working outside in weather like this is a bad idea!" They flew into the underground base of Grians and landed, Scar tripping over his feet and sent them both flat onto the hard ground.
"Scar!"
He smiled, "What is it Grian?"
"Get up and don't touch anything. We'll wait here until the storm passes. I'll send a message to Mumbo that we're safe inside." He pulled a small device from his trouser pocket and began tapping at the screen.
"Hey Gri-"
"No now Scar."
Scar looked up to stare at the large purple portal in front of him. His head tilted to the side and his eyes narrowed at the ominous sight. It was glowing a strange purple hue that shone into his skin, illuminating the scars on his hand. He shook away those thoughts, those memories were behind a locked door to which the key was buried deep inside an endless void. He blinked.

"Grian. What is that?" He pivoted round towards his friend.
"In a minute Scar!" The Brit's tone sounding more harsher than it had previously.
Still typing a message that wouldn't send to a Mr. Mumbo Jumbo, Grian paced up and down the area with his eyes glued to the screen. Scar sighed to himself and took a few steps closer the the mysterious... thing. He'd guessed it was a portal but not like any other he'd seen before. Okay it looked like one that would have him landing into the nether, not his preferred place to visit. The constant threat of mobs and the lack of water didn't settle his nerves, he just made sure to stay away from the flames that danced around that nightmare realm.

He wondered the it would lead to, what was in the other side. A new world? He didn't remember X saying anything about a new update in the last hermit meeting. Maybe if he went and looked for himself, just until the storm passed.

He hadn't even realised his hand slowly moving towards the portal, the thoughts in his head didn't even feel like his own. Yes, he was a curious hermit, but this wasn't the best idea he'd had. The tips of his fingers were inches away from the ominous sight when he heard Grian speak up again. "What did you want-" His face paled. "SCAR GET AWAY FROM-" His wings exploded from his back and lunged forwards to Scar. So engrossed with the curiosity of the portal, he became unaware of Grian's pleads. Just as his finger touched the surface he felt a sharp pain in his hand. It stung for a moment before he felt himself being lifted into the air in Grian's arms. Grian didn't even try to land better than the previous time and practically dropped Scar onto the floor. "I thought I told you not to touch anything?!"
"If you're in a room and you see a lone, innocent button, would you press it?" Scar helped himself from the floor.
"How does the rift look innocent?! It's everything BUT that!" Scar noticed a flicker of purple shine in Grian's eyes as he yelled.
He sighed, "Are you okay? Did you touch it?" His voice was slowly calming.
"No." He lied.
He was given a disapproving look from his winged friend before brought into a hug. "Don't do that again."

3 Days Later:

The storm had passed that night and since then Scar hadn't slept a minute of sleep. He thought back to when he was a mooner in a previous series. Reoccurring nightmares from his childhood haunted him constantly but in the world of dreams they felt so real. He started avoiding others around him when he had the chance and tried to rest, though every time he closed his eyes the same images replayed in his mind. His hand still felt like it throbbed from the portal's touch though he did his best to ignore the pain.

By the fourth day people began to worry. Scar wasn't the type to spend four long days alone. Pearl and Cub had attempted to visit but either no answer came or they were called away.

-

"Hey Grian are you planning on-"
"Etho! Grian! I need your help!" Someone called from behind them. The turned round to see two, no three hermits running towards them. Cleo stopped before them and took a deep breath, "It's Scar, he well...? I don't know." She gasped, catching her breath. The hermits shared a concerned look as Etho began asking where Scar was. Grian stood on his toes and peeped behind Cleo and saw Ren limping his way to them, he had something small attached to his foot causing him to drag his right leg. "Whaaaat?" His brows knotted together. Cleo pivoted around as Etho changed his face from worry to confusion. "Ren? Is that?" Grian asked.
"Yes it's a child." Mumbled Ren
"How on Hermitcraft did a child get here?" Etho wondered out loud, "Is it yours?" His face began to pale.
"Nooo!!! No he's not MY child!" Ren's face began turning red.
The others walked closer to Rendog, and noticed the child's arms got a firmer grip on Ren's leg when they approached. Holding in a yelp, Ren asked the child to stand up a minute.

The child's face soon became visible to the Hermits, Grian gasped as Etho stood frozen in disbelief. "We found him in his base with Jellie. We didn't know what to do." Cleo sighed, placing her hands on her hips.

Etho kneeled down to be head level with the boy. His face was covered in barely healed scars and so were his arms and legs, a layer of ash and mud too was painted on his burned skin. "Hello. I'm Etho S. Lab, a hermit here. What's  your name kiddo?" He smiled softly.
"Mommy said I can't talk to strangers." The kid mumbled.
"And she's absolutely right, but it's okay. You can talk to us." He smiled beneath the mask.
"Scar. S-scar Goodtimes." The boy sniffed.
"Lovely to meet you Scar. This here his Grian." He nudged his head to the side and Grian took a step forward, his parrot wings spread out behind him. Scar took a step back towards Ren and held his arm. "Don't worry kiddo, he's a friend too. And I think you've already met Cleo and Ren." Etho stood back up and faced the others.
Grian tucked in his wings to try and not frighten the shaken up child version of Scar. Then he spoke, "Cleo, fetch Cub so he can see to Scar's wounds, I'll get Xisuma. Etho you stay here with Ren and try to get some information from Scar. He seems to like you."
A group of nods returned to him and they parted ways.

Part 2?
Sorry if it didn't make sense at any point.
Really fun to write though, apologies it didn't come any sooner.

Have a great day / night and thank you all for 5k reads!!!!!!! I'm so pleased!

-Beansi x