Introduction, Baileys P.O.V

the air is thick & cold, i am surrounded by fog and everything is hazy. my hands begins to tremble & my heart begins to race. i can hear a man laughing in the distance. the laughter is menacing, taunting & sadistic & it fills me with terror. my brown eyes widen with fear. i don't know where i am and i don't know where to go, all i can see is fog, but i can hear him getting closser. i run as fast as i can when i run straight into someone. i scream at the top of my lungs when the fog begins to clear & i see Brian standing there with a blade clutched tightly in his shaking palm. he looks petrified, pale & lifeless. the blade is digging into his skin , his hand dripping with blood, but he doesn't notice. "you have to get out of here" he shouts. thats when i see him, the fog clears & he's standing there above Brian with his arms folded & a smile on his hideously burned face. the very sight of him makes my stomache turn. his fingernails are sharp like knives & he wears a dirty brown hat. he starts to laugh & i can see brians eyes filling up with tears. "help!" i grab brians trembling hand with my own as he stands there almost paralysed & run. "help!" i shout once more.

i wake up screaming, my mother by my bedside. "Bailey are you okay? whats wrong?." she rushes toward me franticly. "yeah, i'm fine. i just had a bad dream. nothings wrong" i faked a smile & tried to reasure her. "Bailey, if there was something going on with you, you'd tell me right?" she asked with a look of worry. "yeah mom." i sighed & rolled my eyes. "okay then, what are these?" she pulled out a bottle of speed pills from her jacket pocket. "why do you have these Bailey?" she asked with a look of anger. "i need it to stay awake & study." i lied nervously, staring down at my floral printed bed sheets."how long have you been on them?" she screamed, slambing the pill bottle on the ground. it then busting open, the pills falling out onto the floor. "i needed those!" i cried out, falling to my kneese i tried to salvage what i could when she grabbed ahold of me & i begin to kick & scream, tears in my eyes. "you don't understand. i can't go to sleep." i cried. "please."i pleaded, i feel like i'm begining to lose my grip on reality.