the apocalypse

Savannas p.o.v.

"ashes to ashes, dust to dust..."

the preacher shakes his head sadly as they lower damions casket into the cold ground, his mother screams and cries hysterically and I stand in a state of shock. I feel completely defeated and broken. I don't want to let this beat me but I just don't think that i'm strong enough anymore. I take a deep breath and try to pull myself together but my hands start to shake and my eyes start to twitch and swell up with tears at the same time. "you okay savanna?" Bailey asks me sympathetically and I shake my head. I want to lie and say that i'm okay but I feel like if I open my mouth to speak I'll burst into tears. i'm not okay. I run away as fast as I can, Bailey calling after me in worry. I run until I can't run anymore and I find myself in a dark alley way. gasping for air, tears flooding down my cheeks. he's gone, forever. he will always have a place in my broken heart. ill never see his face again or hear his laugh. I said I didn't care if I ever saw him again but I did care, I cared about him more than I had ever cared about anyone. no one understood me the way he did. he was just special. one of those kinds of people you only meet once in a lifetime. i loved him, i still love him. and i'll always love him. i light a cigarette and lean up against a cold brick wall, whipping a tear from my cheek. day becomes night and i close my eyes, struggling to keep them open my vision becomes hazy. i haven't slept in weeks and i have never felt more drained or tired in my life.