messy things, left behind.

Savannas p.o.v

Bailey and I walk into Damions old room with his mother. the two of us look around at all of the things that he has left behind. the room is a mess, an ashtray almost overflowing with cigarette butts sits upon his nightstand, a monster energy drink sits beside the ashtray. playstation games are scattered on the floor beside his unmade bed. his leather jacket is draped over a chair where you can tell he carelessly swung it across it. suddenly I am overwhelmed with this feeling of nostalgia. my stomach turns in knots as I look up at the kurt cobain poster that hangs above damions bed. the poster reads "nobody dies a virgin, everybody gets fucked in the end." my eyes swell up with tears but I hold them back for damions mothers sake. "he was so messy, he was like a tornado." damions mother fakes a smile, and we fake a smile as well. and I feel like all of my smiles might be fake for the rest of my life. and this horrible aching in my chest wont go away, or this miserable feeling weighing me down like an anchor wrapped around my heart and mind. "i'm going to get a few pictures I have of the three of you . you girls can have a seat if you would like," damions mother speaks nervously. I sit down on damions bed and there is a notebook sitting on the bed, I pick up the notebook and there is a picture that damion drew of freddy, with an evil grin upon his face. I turn the page and there is another picture of freddy, he is just a silhouette, engulfed in flames. I turn page after page very quickly, my eyes wide with fear. page after page of freddy, bailey walks torge me with a look of worry. "whats wrong?.." she asks with concern. "Damion drew this." I hold the notebook up for bailey to see and her eyes widen with fear as well. "Damion drew all of these." I turn the pages for her, ,my eyes swelling up with tears once again. damions mother walks into the room holding a box of damions things and I quickly put the notebook down.  my heart breaks to think of Damion sitting on his bed drawing pictures of this horrible monster in his last days, and his horrible end. his last days should have been spent in a hospital bed, he should have died old and surrounded by the ones he loved. not in the arms of a monster.