Damions p.o.v (edited) "brokenness"

I walk up onto the front poorch of my mothers house with a hard face, though my heart is racing. And i feel nervous, and completely lost. Savanna is at my side, slowly trailing behind me. I try to pull myself together as much as i possibly can as i turn back and look at her.

"You can just hangout on the poorch if you want, i'm just going to get the rest of my stuff and then im going to get out of here as quickly as possible" i sigh, staring up at the big white suburban house in fear. Because i know what awaits me behind these big red doors, but she doesn't.. and i want to keep it that way.

"Okay."
She nods,
Looking at me with concern, she holds my hand.
And i try my best to remain calm,
So that she cant tell that its trembling.
"Just let me know if you need me, okay?"
She fakes a smile. But shes worried about me and i can see it written all over her face, nomatter how hard she tries to hide it.

"Okay. Im not going to need you savanna..." i laugh and i smirk and try to brush it off, eventhough i do need her. I need her more than anything in the entire world. But ill die before i ever let her know just how much that i do...

I sit up straight and brush myself off. I look like im heading to war. And i feel kind of like i am as i strike up the courage to knock on the door of my own home. I take a deep breath and i knock with no responce.

"Elanore?"
I feel a lump in my throat as i nervously knock.
"Its me... i just came for the last of my stuff."
I continue to knock, still with no responce

Savanna stands up beside me and places her hand on my shoulder softly
"Maybe she isn't here damion."

I try to pull myself together as much as possible and swollow my anger, swollow my sadness. Swollow everything that fills my whole entire being with rage and leaves me feeling broken. I have to swollow it, just so that i can feel normal. Jist so that i can seem.. normal. I know that shes home, theres nowhere else that she can possibly be. Her old red dented up malibu is parked sideways in the driveway. Shes just passed out and drunk on the couch, too far gone to hear my knocking.

"shes here babe.. her cars parked in the driveway."
I reply.
I finaly turn the knob and the door opens right up for me. Of course elanore didnt lock it. Only normal people lock their doors. And elanore must have been too drunk to even think about stopping and locking it.
I know.. it probably sounds funny to you, me calling my mother elanore.
But elanore, stopped being "mom"
A long time ago, a very... long time ago. Even before my father decided to pick up and leave us.

"Its okay babe, just wait for me, okay?"
I look back at savanna, who still looks worried.
"Its going to be okay..." i laugh.
Eventhough i know, that its not going to be okay. Because with elanore, nothing ever is okay... nomatter how much you might want it to be okay, its not.... it never will be...
Because even if it is okay...
She will make up some sort of reason in her fucking dilouted mind why its not..... and thats elanore. That's 'mom'. And maybe... just maybe, if im being honest, maybe thats why i never feel okay, because with her, nothing ever was...

I swing my black back pack over my shoulder and quickly close the door and lock it behind me. Thats when i see her, laying down on the couch passed out with cheap "kamchata" vodka bottles surrounding her.

I take the bottle that seems most full and place it in my backpack as i look at her in disguist. She wont miss it... she'l just think that she blacked out abd forgit about drunking it. she will buy another. And sadly.. thats the only thing that i know that is for sure about her.

I creep up the stairway and into my messy room and thats when i can feel her behind me, like a nightmare creeping up on you after a bad dream and i turn around in annoyance.