dear old friend, what have we become?(edited.)

it seems like nomatter what i do i can't find a way to stop the screaming inside of me. sometimes i feel like all of this anger, frustration, fear & sadness, is going to completly devour me. i don't even feel like me anymore. i walk up to Damion rice, one of my oldest friends who is standing at his locker with this big grin on his face, like he knows what i'm going to ask him for. "hey bails." he smirks. but its not the same smirk that he usualy has, it seems very forced. wearing the same leather jacket he always wears, his shoulder length black hair messy and uncombed, he looks tired and nervous, and not at all like himself. "you run out already?" he laughs. "no, my mom, she went through all of my stuff & she found them. do you have any?" my cheeks turn bright red as i try & avoid eye contact. "no, sorry. next week." he smiled sympathetically. "you're kidding me, right?" i sigh & roll my eyes. "no, wish i was." he replied. "maybe you need to slow down alittle bit. i know that's not something a drug dealer would normaly say but as a friend i'm starting to worry about you, you're not yourself." he tried to explain. i havent been myself in a long time. "i don't have a problem Damion, i just need to study for exams." i lie, shaking my head in doubt. "what you need is a good nights sleep." he pats me on the shoulder. "thanks mom." i roll my eyes & begin to walk away.
"Dont 'mom' me, young lady" Damion chuckles. "Im not angry Bailey, im just very dissapointed..." He jokes and i shake my head and smile.
"alright... well. i'm gonna get to class." Damion smirks and then looks down at the hallway floor very sadly, he looks exhausted, he looks like the life has been sucked out of him and I have never seen him look so defeated. "get some sleep, you look like you need it." he shouts back at me.
"oh thanks. how you flatter me,"i reply sarcastically.