slipping away

Baileys p.o.v

I  sit in the back of my mothers car in silence, waiting for her to rip me to shreds. Savanna sits beside me, staring out at the night sky sadly and I want to kill her right now. "i can't believe this bailey." my mother breaks the silence and I sigh.  "you're getting drunk in alley ways now? first I find drugs in your bag and now this, I don't know who you are anymore." she continues. & my heart sinks. "you never sleep, your grades are slipping. you're skipping school, and doing drugs." my mother looks so beaten down and shaken at the same time, I can see tears forming in her eyes. "i'm sorry." I sigh and shake my head sadly. "i let you down.", I stare down at the floor boards. "my heart breaks for Damions mother." my mother explains sadly. "and i'm just constantly worried that i'm going to have to watch them bury you. and I feel like you're slipping so far away from me and there is nothing that I can do about it." my mother breaks out into tears.  "i don't want to have to watch you die, I love you." she sobs uncontrollably. "that's not going to happen mom, i'm not going to die." I say, almost as if i'm trying to reasure myself aswell. my voice shaking and my hands trembling.