Chapter 78

'Everything is fine…it's fine….' Aiko thought she was in the kitchen preparing the meal and she chopped up some vegetables.  'I can't stress out…it's fine…'

"Aiko?" Shina spoke up. "Are you okay? Ever since you got back with Toriko, you've been very quiet."

"Ah….well…." Aiko said "Toriko…he kissed me on my cheek…."

"He did?!" Shina exclaimed

"Yeah…I know he's always been so open and expressive with his emotions so maybe I'm overthinking it.." Aiko said softly

"It depends on the kiss." Shina said " A few close friends do give a kiss on the cheek as a sign of gratitude, if you're a couple a kiss on the cheek is a sign of affection to a partner."

"I see….I guess the way he kissed my cheek was a sign of gratitude for coming with him to get the Melk Stardust." Aiko said, feeling a little at ease.

'The way Toriko-kun smiled at me after that kiss on my cheek…it was different…his eyes had this certain softness and warmth…' Aiko thought

________________________________

It went on like that for days. Komatsu and Shina would dutifully sit by Melk's side and watch how the cutler worked. While Toriko and Aiko would go out to capture ingredients for them to eat.

Between Shina, Komatsu and Aiko they would take turns making meals for the small group.

The two girls of the group would make Melk take a break whenever she was coated in sweat and to make sure that Melk didn't overwork herself.

"It'll be fun come on Melk!" Aiko said smiling

It was nighttime, The three ladies were sitting in the hotspring relaxing after a long day.

"~Aaaaahhh~" the ladies sang as they relaxed in the bath. Melk had let her hair down to relax.

"This feels so good…" Aiko said she looked over at Melk. "How do you feel Melk?"

"You've been working on the knife all day and yesterday too…i'm worried about your back." Shina spoke up.

"I'm fine, Ms.Shina." Melk said as she relaxed in the hot spring.

"Komatsu is busy in the kitchen…I'm excited on what he'll make tonight." Aiko said

"Is it a good idea to leave Toriko by himself with the Melk Stardust? " Shina asked "I keep hearing him say ' it's delicious'…"

"I'm still amazed that you can hear things far away." Melk said

"Toriko-kun won't eat it, I made him promise me that he wouldn't eat it without us." Aiko said "If he breaks his promise I told him I wouldn't cook him his favorite dumplings,  he says he likes the way i make them."

"That's why he's quiet" Melk laughed while taking a towel and wiping her neck.

___________________________

Toriko sat drooling while looking at the pile of Melk Stardust he was situated in front of.

"Looks so delicious," he continued to drool.

"Oh wow, Aiko, your skin is so soft and smooth!" Melk said

Toriko's ears perked up when he heard that.

"Ah…thank you, I've been using a new lotion that Sani-kun gave me…I have a travel size bottle in my bag if you want to try it." Aiko said

"Wait…is that a tattoo?! And in that area? Oh wow." Melk exclaimed "it's beautiful!"