Chapter 72

"Why is it so hard?"Toriko said in frustration rubbing the back of his head, looking at the store windows. 'Her birthday is today, and I can't find the right gift for her.' He thought

You see Toriko wandered around the entire town looking at each shop trying to find in his mind the perfect gift to give to a certain brown haired woman that he secretly likes, and so far hasn't found the right gift.

"What would she like?" He said to himself while eating a very large turkey leg. "Damn..." he stopped to think what does she like? He froze he hasn't really asked her on what she liked! He only saw what she only ate or cooked! He knows that Aiko loves to cook, going on captures with him and he knows that she likes sweets...but that's it! Not a clue on what she likes or dislike! Obviously he can't just ask her now it'll ruin the surprise! He clenched his hands in frustration. He decided once this is over he'll ask her everything he wants to know about her.

"Just what can I give you?" Toriko muttered

Coco on one hand was feeling calm and his usual self. He drank the tea that Aiko got for him, it was sweet of her to think of him. He weaved the purple strings around the wooden band. He picked up the scissors clipping the strings, a small smile formed in his lips seeing the finished results on the table.

"I'm sure Aiko-chan will like this."Coco said "Something handmade has a Lot more meaning than a store bought gift."

"No this won't do." Sani said shaking his head disapprovingly Looking at the vast display cases in the extravagant shop in a high class part of the gourmet town, the faint scent of perfume filled the shop when you walk in.

'None of these are good enough for Aki...' he thought looking all the lovely and expensive looking dresses and fabrics. 'It needs to be something that she can use...'

He walked passed the beauty products of scented lotions, rose oils, sugar scrubs, bath bombs and aroma candles, flowers that you can soak in the water.

He passed the make up section not even glancing at it, in his mind Aiko looks better the way she is, just trying to add a color would ruin it, unless if she picked it for herself. The only thing he always sees her drink is tea...but a special blend that she gets from a friend of hers.

His eyes widen at the sudden realization and his lips formed a slight smile.

'Oh...now i know what to get you Aki!' He thought happily. Quickly running off to a kitchen section imagining the look on her face on the gift he gives her.

Aiko walked around town deciding to look around before she goes to Komatsu's restaurant. She hummed happily. 'I can't wait to try the food.' Aiko thought she stopped for a minute. 'I already visit mom's grave...I even added the small treat we always get..' her eyes softened a bit thinking of her mother. 'I'm sure you would've liked them...they're nice people.'

She stopped and looked at the shop that made her eyes widen, she grinned.

"I can't believe it! They opened a shop here!" Aiko squealed running inside.

"Everything looks in order."Komatsu said looking at all the tasty food that's being prepared for today.

"Everything smells good." Shina commented taking a moment to inhale the aroma. "Oh I can't wait for the party to start!"

"Me either."Komatsu agreed.

"Did you finish the cake?" Shina asked

"I'm almost done with it."Komatsu said he turn his head looking at Shina, he thought she looked nice today, a very simple denim dress and blue converse. She gripped her cane with one hand and the other holding Yun. He still felt slightly embarrassed at what happened a few days ago with the accidental kiss, whenever he thought back on it he would get flustered.