9.

"She said she wanted to go home, Rogue." Sting told his friend when they were alone in the guild. You had already went up to your room to tell Lola about Romeo.

"Okay?"

"Home, Rogue."

"Yeah, you said that already."

"And then we came back here."

"...yeah. This is home."

"No, you don't get it." Sting let out a frustrated sigh. "She said she wanted to go home."

"Repeating it isn't going to make me understand if I didn't understand it the first time."

"Dammit Rogue! She sees the guild as home now!"

"Huh... I guess so. She's never called the guild home before."

**

It was your third job with Sting and Rogue. As always, Lola, Lector and Frosch had joined. The only difference was that you now walked beside them, specifically next to Rogue. The line went Sting, Rogue, and you, with the exceeds in front so you all could keep an eye on them.

The job went well as usual, where the client had thanked you, paid you more than what was listed, and commented on how efficient you all were and how they would be telling everyone about you three. It was the same thing over and over again. Except this time, you had seen their dragon force, or rather, their white and shadow drive, and how easy it was for them. When you saw Natsu or Gajeel do it, it looked hard to do. But it was so easy for them— Sting and Rogue. It honestly made you a bit jealous. They were surrounded by powerful magic energy, nothing you experienced yourself or from anyone in a while.

"Yeah, I'm beat." Sting sighed, putting his hands behind his head.

"You did great, Sting!" Lector cheered.

"Frosch thinks so too!"

"You all did good." Lola nodded.

"All? Hmm, I'm not so sure about that." Sting laughed.

"Sting, stop it." Rogue scolded him, and then turned to you. "Y/n, you're doing fine."

"Thanks." You said quickly. You didn't need their pity or half-hearted (or no-hearted) compliments. What you needed was to go home. Your real home, Fairy Tail.

Your homesickness was worse than it ever had been since coming to Sabertooth. You missed Romeo and all the other members you thought as family. Everything seemed like a nightmare that wouldn't end, featuring Sting, the top villain.

"I just wanna go home." You sighed to yourself; you didn't think they heard you.

"Don't worry, we're going home now." Rogue assured you. In the pandemonium of it all, Rogue was the only one trying to be nice. You weren't sure if it was because of pity or because he actually was.

"No. Home." You said again.

"We're going home, you dummy." Sting rolled his eyes.

"No. I want to go to my home."

"Fairy Tail?" Rogue raised an eyebrow.

"Pfft, why would you want to go there? They're a bunch of losers anyway. You're living proof, haha!"

"Sting!" Rogue scolded him.

"I don't care how you think of Fairy Tail, but the fact remains— that is my home and that is my family."