44

You left shortly after Sting gave you the okay to go. You packed what you needed to, grabbed Lola, and you were off to a few towns away. You were confident in yourself, and excited to be doing this yourself.

As predicted, it took a day to arrive in town. Luckily, you arrived before the bank closed, so you took it upon yourself to start your job early. Maybe it would only take three days, maybe even two, and Sting would have no choice but admit you were right, he was wrong, and he shouldn't have doubted you.

You walked into the bank, and the person working in the front greeted you. You smiled, greeting them back and showing them the job request. They seemed relieved, and hurried into the back to get the owner. Soon, you were called back into the office, and sat down in front of the desk.

"I'm honored to have such a strong wizard from Sabertooth take this job." The man told you. You couldn't help but smile. "Thank you so much for taking it."

"Of course, I'm happy to help." You smiled. "If you don't mind though, can I ask a few questions?"

"Of course you can, please ask away."

"When do you usually get robbed?" You asked, and he groaned, just thinking about the idea of it.

"It's anytime, they don't care at all. But it is usually every other day. We can expect them tomorrow."

"How much money have they stolen?"

"Close to 320,000 jewel. We've called law enforcement too, but they haven't been able to do anything or even find them."

"How many are there?"

"At the time of the job being posted, it was usually a group of three or more. Here recently, it's only been one."

You were a bit disappointed. You wanted to take down more than one person.

"And this dark guild... do you know any information about them?"

"I think the name is Secret Moon. Their whole guild is centered around gathering secrets of other guilds and selling them. I guess the business isn't doing so well, since they have to steal from mine!" His face turned practically red.

"I've never heard of them before... have you, Lola?" You asked, but she shook her head.

"Not many know of them. Our town is familiar since they are stationed here. Otherwise, they make it their goal to remain a secret."

"If you know about them, why haven't you told the Magic Council about them?" You raised an eyebrow, and he looked blank faced.

"I haven't thought of that. I wouldn't even know how to get in touch with the Magic Council."

"After this mission I suppose I could go to the Council myself. Or mention it to—" You noticed that he seemed suddenly interested. It gave you an uneasy feeling. But it could have been nothing. "Never mind, I'm just going to focus on the job at hand. Thank you for the information." You stood from your seat and bowed your head to him, and started to walk away. The plan was to come by tomorrow, and wait around all day until the time came. Until then, you've arranged to stay at a hotel, not too far from the bank.

"Y/n, aren't you a little nervous?" Lola asked, but you shook your head.

"Nope, not at all. I'm excited, actually. It's my first mission with being accompanied by anyone."

"I'm sure Sting is nervous thinking about it."

"He can get over it, I'm a big girl! I can take care of myself. And I'm going to prove it tomorrow."

"Yeah." Lola smiled a bit. "You're going to do great, Y/n."

"We're going to do great."

**