27

I'm back, besties!! Three more parts are pre-written, but you'll have to wait💛
___________________________

You hurried back to your room and shut the door. You took a deep breath before letting it out, relaxing a bit and releasing the rush of anxiety you had just felt. Pushing back your hair, you started to pace around your room, contemplating on what to do about Sting.

Almost everything was out in the open now. How you never spoke to him because you were too stubborn, how he's oblivious to your feelings about him and how you're oblivious about something about him. Maybe he had feelings for you and you were just trying to convince yourself that he didn't. Either way, you won't assume anything until he says something to you.

You heard a knock at your door which made you jump. It made you stop pacing, and stare at the door as if you were waiting for it to open itself. There was another knock shortly after, and you approached it, looking out of the peep hole. It was Sting, of course. You were expecting him to show up sooner or later after hearing his private conversation with Rufus.

You didn't open the door, but you did put your ear to it. Surprisingly, you were able to hear his breathing through it. He knocked again, and after a while there was a little thud, which you assumed was him hitting his forehead against the door. He placed his hand on the door knob and tried to turn it, but of course it wouldn't work. You needed a key card to enter.

"Y/n, you in there?" He asked through the door. You stayed quiet to see what he would do. "Y/n? Can you open the door?"

Not knowing what to do, you just opened the door quickly from where you were standing. The door would hide you behind it, and Sting would come falling in. He would catch himself before hitting the ground and turn his head towards you once you had closed the door. You held in a laugh, and Sting could tell.

"Don't be laughing at me." He huffed, gaining his balance back.

"I'm not laughing." You told him, once again trying to hide a laugh.

"Mhm." He rolled his eyes are took a few steps towards you. "We need to talk."

"Can it wait? I was kinda just about to leave for the infirmary."

"Infirmary? Is something wrong? Is your wound infected?" He was frantic with his words, some of them fast and some slurred, most likely due to the fact that his mouth was going faster than his brain.

"No, I just feel like going there to hang out." You put on a fake smile, and then let it drop. "Of course something is wrong, you dumb blonde."

"I don't need the attitude."

You rolled your eyes and placed your hand on the door knob, prepared to exit to go to the infirmary. But before you could even open the door, Sting grabbed a hold of your other wrist, and pulled you back slightly. "What?"

"Let me see it."

"See what?"

"Your wound, idiot."

"I'm not the idiot here."

"Just shut up and let me see it."

"You really think I'm going to let you talk to me that way?" You yanked your wrist away from him, and Sting let out a huge sigh.

"I'm sorry, okay? Whatever is going on between us, let's toss it away for just a second so I can take care of you."

"Take care of me? You don't think I'm capable of taking care of myself? Oh right, you do really think that. Because if you did think I was capable, you wouldn't have spied on me or gotten me taken out of the games!"