45

Little smit scene at the end, fair warning!
___________________________

You arrived back to the guild before the time limit Sting gave you. You were excited to prove him wrong. When you walked through the guild doors, everyone had welcomed you back.

You made your way to the bar where Yukino was. She welcomed you back and asked about the mission.

"It was easy peasy, just like I had expected. It was weird towards the end though."

"Weird how?" She tilted her head.

"The guy who was robbing the bank seemed almost like... a puppet of the dark guild. I don't know how to explain it. I want to bring it up to Sting. Speaking of which, where is he?"

"Oh, uhm... I should probably mention something to you." Yukino's demeanor changed completely, as if she was nervous. It made you sick.

"What is it?" You tried to be calm by raising the pitch of your voice a bit, but it was too obvious.

"Well, a new person joined the guild shortly after you left for your job."

"Oh yeah? What's their name?"

"Her name is Calista."

"Oh yeah? Is she nice? What's her magic?"

"We're not too sure. You know how Sting is trying to be open minded to letting new people in the guild. She seemed nice so he let her join."

"Is that so?"

"Mhm. And... she's been trying her best to keep him company."

"Is that so?" You tilted your head, smiling a bit. Trying to smile, at least.

"Mhm." Yukino nodded.

"Where are they now?"

"His office."

"I'll be back. I'm going to surprise my boyfriend." You hurried off to the door of his office. You put your ear to the door, and couldn't really hear anything. You knocked, and didn't wait for an answer before walking right in.

What were you thinking? Of course you had nothing to worry about. Sting was at his desk, and she was a few feet away from him, seeming to try and push a conversation he wasn't interested in.

She turned her head towards you, and looked you up and down. "Who are you?" She asked, which made Sting turn around in his chair. His face immediately brightened, and jumped up.

"Y/n! Thank god!" He engulfed you in a hug, burying his face into your neck. You hugged him back, pulling him as close as you possibly could. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"I told you that you had nothing to worry about, Sting." You pulled away slightly, cupping his cheek. "I'm fine, see? I can handle myself."

"Even so, I was worried." He cupped your cheek, and then pushed some hair out of your face. There was a silence as you and Sting just seemed to admire each other, while the new girl didn't know what to do.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have tried to stop you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I know you can take care of yourself. I just want to be there for you is all."

"Oh Sting..." You gave him a small smile. As the new girl seemed like she was about to say something, Sting crashed his lips onto yours. He moved your lips in sync, making sure the kiss lasted as long as possible. He wanted everyone to see, especially that new girl for one purpose, maybe two or three. That you were the one he wanted, no one could come between you and him, and that Calista better learn her place quickly. He wasn't dumb, he was aware of her small advances. When he pulled away, he smirked upon seeing the blush on your cheeks.