16

Posting early because I'm in love with this book, its one of my favs and I have many chapters pre-written <3
____________________

Losing is never an option for Sabertooth. It's either you take home the victory or you don't come home at all. Luckily, Sabertooth got the win in the first challenge thanks to Rufus. He ended it quickly, which is the Sabertooth way with his spell "Night of Falling Stars."

"E-Everyone is wiped out!"

"That's our Rufus! Even though he's not as strong as Sting..." Lector cheered.

"Yay!" Frosch cheered along side him.

"Woo!" Lola followed.

You smiled a bit, seeing Sabertooth in the number one spot. "He really is amazing." You said to yourself, only to get a groan from Sting.

"I'm stronger than he is." He rolled his eyes. That seemed to be his favorite thing to do recently.

"Of course, babe." You laughed to yourself. "No man could hold a light to you."

"Damn straight."

"Look! We're number one!!" Lector pointed.

"Number one! Number one! Yay!"

"....Both Fairy Tail teams put up a good fight, but their results were unfortunate." Chapati sighed into the microphone.

"See, Y/n?" Sting said softly. You took a step closer to him, leaning with him on the balcony. "They are weak. You're nothing like them anymore. You are a Tiger, not a Fairy."

"I know I'm a Tiger, Sting. I have been for a while."

"Now, it's time to adopt it. Everything you've seen and learned in the guild, it's time to apply it. You are nothing like those Fairies, Y/n. You are strong and unstoppable."

You looked at Sting, smiling softly. He kept his gaze forward, not even taking a glance at you. Sting could be a good person when he wanted to be. "Sting... Thank you."

"I'm just stating the obvious."

"I mean it, Sting."

"So do I."

Your smiled didn't fade, but you felt a heat rise up to your cheeks. When Sting finally did look at you, he caught the glimpse of redness on your cheeks. "You okay there?" He asked, a slight smirk on his face.

"Mhm." You hummed, not looking away from him. He didn't look away either. His heart was beating faster the longer he looked at you, and you the same. It was nice to know how Sting actually felt about you and your strength. And it was nice for him to see the reaction from you. He took his hand and placed it on yours and squeezed it lightly. You smiled a bit bigger, but pulled away once you heard the members behind you begin to shift.

"Good job out there, Rufus." Orga congratulated him as he joined the team back on the balcony. You looked to where Rufus entered and you smiled at him.

"Thank you." He said simply.

"Seriously amazing." You said, taking a few steps toward him. "All on one try, too."

"Of course, my dear."

"Ugh." Sting groaned.

"And now we move on to the battle part!" Chapati announced. "A member from each team will be paired together to fight in a single match. And I've just received the list of matches!"

"Please be me." You whispered to yourself. "Please please please."

"Begging now, are we?" Sting smirked to himself and then laughed. "Eager to be out there?"