10.

"Ow..." you whined, falling to your knees. You couldn't walk anymore. Your feet were cut up and bruised, and it hurt to walk. Lola came by your side, looking up at you.

"Y/n, you need a doctor!"

"I'll be fine... I just need to rest a minute."

You did as so, sitting against a wall in an alley where no one could see you. You looked at your feet and they were as dirty as you had expected, with the addition of blood. Within those few minutes, Lola had already fallen asleep.

You both have been traveling (to put it nicely) for months now, trying to best to survive. You were 6, just a year older than when  Gwendolyn had left. You wanted nothing but to have her back and make her proud.

During your travels you met Lola. Like you, she was searching for her family, but found one in you. So Lola's new goal was to help you find Gwendolyn so that the three of you could be a family together.

"I smell... a dragon?" You heard a voice from the busy street. You lifted your head up to make sure you didn't have your guard down.

"A dragon?" You heard a strong, female voice.

"Yeah..." you heard the first voice answer, followed by footsteps hitting the ground hard and fast. You picked up Lola while she was still sleeping, and quickly hid behind some trash cans. She woke up due to the sudden movement, but you signaled to her to stay quiet. She did as you told her too.

"Natsu, there's nothing down here." The female voice sighed.

"Your sense of smell sucks, man." A new voice said.

"Shut up, ice Princess!"

"You shut up, Firebrain!"

"Both of you, shut up!" The female yelled. "Natsu, there's really nothing here."

"Yes there is, I can smell it." You heard a male say, you assumed his name was Natsu, and then heard sniffing.

"What are we going to do?" Lola asked, her voice high and squeaky. You shot her a look, signaling her to stop making sounds.

"There's definitely something here. Did you guys hear that?" Nastu asked.

Lola slapped her paws over her mouth after realizing. You bit your lower lip, trying to think. But the only thing that crossed your mind was to crawl away, since you couldn't get up and run for two reasons.

One, they would definitely see you.

Two, you couldn't run. Your feet were too torn up.

You would start to crawl slowly, Lola right by your side. Unfortunately, you would hear the trash cans behind you move, and you turned to face whatever made the sound.

There, you saw three people standing over you. Of course it frightened you, and you tried to back away from them, kicking your feet at them to make them stay away.

One with pink hair tried to move closer, but one with red hair tugged on his arm. "Stop, Natsu. She's scared." She scolded the pink haired one, and then kneeled down in front of you. "Hello, I'm Erza. What's your name?"

You didn't want to answer her. You didn't know who she was as a person.

"I'm Lola." Your purple exceed answered her. You snapped your head over to her, wanting her to stop. "And this is Y/n."

"Y/n, how old are you?" Erza asked. You simply shook your head.

"Y/n, she can help us..." Lola looked at you worriedly. Again, you shook your head, but Lola wasn't having any of it. "Please, help us."