33

Update update! Next chapter is a long one, this one, not so much. Love you guys🫶
______________________________

Everyone had left the room, only leaving you, Sting, Rogue, and Frosch. Rufus had tried to escort you out of the room with him, but you refused him. For one, you were upset with him for blocking your way. Second, you knew how Sting felt about him. Sting was already in pieces, you didn't want to give him another reason to shatter more. When everyone was gone, Team Sabertooth and the rest of the guild, all you could do was watch Sting as he cried.

You walked over to him, and kneeled down in front of him. His head was in his hands, still crying loudly. You placed your hands around his wrists gently, to which he pulled away from you. After he did that, you wrapped your arms around the upper half of his body, just letting him cry. This time, he didn't move. He continued to cry, allowing himself to feel weak. Rogue watched this encounter between the two of you with wide eyes. He understood the grief Sting felt for Lector, but at the same time, he couldn't believe that he broke down in such a way in front of you. Rogue thought that maybe this would allow you to see a different side of Sting, one where he actually cared for his friends. One where he didn't have to pretend to be strong in front of you.

"We'll get Lector back, okay?" You told him, but he just continued to cry. However, he did wrap his arms around you, hugging you back tightly. He wouldn't say a word, but you didn't need him to. In this moment, you just wanted to be there for him.

**

It was July 6th, the fifth and final day of the Grand Magic Games.

"Now, let's get things started and bring out the competitors!" Mato, the pumpkin head announced.

They announce the teams in increasing order. They first started with Quatro Puppy, then Blue Pegasus, and then Lamia Scale. From those guilds, they focused on speaking about Bacchus, Ichiya and Lyon, Jura and Cheria.

"Lamia Scale isn't the only guild in third place! They're in very good company with Mermaid Heel!"

They talked about Kagura, and how calm and fearless she always looked. And also proceeded to say how they hoped to see her unveil her sword. They knew she was powerful, but they couldn't help but wonder how much more power she would be with her sword unsheathed.

"And let's hear it for our second place team! Sabertooth!" The crowd went wild. "Give it up for the mighty Sabertooth! Could this be an end of an era!?"

Minerva was out in front, Sting and Rogue behind her, Rufus and Orga behind them. "Those are some serious looks they got on today." Chapati noticed.

"Maybe they realized that there's a lot on the line." Yajima stated.

"I won't let you down, little buddy. I'm not losing." Sting said to himself, speaking out as if Lector was there. "For more than one reason."

"And now let's introduce our first place team! A historic comeback after falling off seven years ago! Fairy Tail!"

The crowd cheered for Fairy Tail, but then Chapati seemed confused. "And what's this!? Fairy Tail is keeping us on our toes by replacing the guy who signal handedly defeated the Dragon Slayers of Sabertooth!"

"With Juvia!?" Lyon yelled, his face flushing.

"Natsu is out of the competition?" Rogue asked, just checking to see if he had heard right.

"That's alright with me. That's the best news I've heard all day." Sting smiled a bit.

"I suppose you're right."

"And the last day of the games will feature a survival game!"

"Strap in everyone! Because we have a special arena for this game! The whole city of Crocus!" Pumpkin head announced.