37

Sorry guys!! I've been caught up with a lot and totally forgot to update! But here it is! Thanks for your patience!!
________________________________

The Grand Banquet was just getting started, the smell of food and laughter filling up the ballroom. Guilds were just arriving, but Sabertooth made sure to arrive first. However, you and Yukino made sure to get ready by yourselves, so you didn't get a chance to see Sting. Once you arrived, you decided to go outside to the Royal Gardens to look at the scenery, take in the fresh air, and to clear your head. You felt it in your gut, there had to be a decision tonight.

Fairies or Tigers.

"Rogue, have you seen Y/n?" Sting asked his friend, but he just shook his head. "Is she even here yet?"

"I saw Yukino, so I'd imagine Y/n is here too."

"She is." Yukino walked over, overhearing their conversation. "She's in the gardens thinking about some things."

"That can't be good." Rogue sighed. "Sting, you need to—"

"I know what I have to do." Sting's voice was sharp, but he didn't mean it to be. He had a gut feeling too, slightly different from yours. While yours pertained to making a decision, his was for the result of said decision. "Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like that."

"We know it's stressful on you. It is for all of us." Yukino started.

"We could be losing a great friend and teammate tonight." Rogue added, looking down at his feet.

"If anyone can change the outcome, it's you, Sting." Rufus said, a slight smile on his face as he walked up to them with Orga. "You're not fooling anyone at this point anymore. You need to tell her."

Sting just nodded, a slight smile on his face and hurried to the door that lead to the gardens. "Let me know when Fairy Tail gets here!" He shouted to his friends, and let the door close behind him.

"I hope it goes well." Yukino sighed, once she saw the door shut.

His mind was blank, he thought it would be better to keep his mind completely clear as he did this. However, once he exited the palace and saw you sitting on a cement bench looking off into the distance, he knew that was a bad idea.

"Hey." He said plainly, catching your attention. You turned your head towards Sting and smiled.

"Hey. Wow, look at you." You chuckled a bit, turning your body to face him. "You clean up nice."

"I fell like that was a shot at me, but I'm gonna ignore that for now." He laughed with you a bit. "You look... gorgeous. I mean, you are gorgeous."

You opened your mouth to say something, but nothing came out. You immediately closed it and adverted your eyes slightly away. "Thank you. You know... I always thought blue looked good on you."

Sting's eyes widened, and then he wore a small smile. While the suit that he wore had some blue accents, he knew that you were also referring to his blue gloves that he would wear close to everyday. To him, he thought F/C looked good on you too. You'd make sure to wear some kind of clothing that had F/C, and he started to love that color too. Your dress was F/C with off the shoulder sleeves with what looked like to be pearls or beads on the neckline. It was simple, but it was made so that the person wearing the dress could make the dress. And Sting thought you definitely did.

"F/C is definitely your color, Y/n. I'd be lying if I said I never looked forward to seeing you wear it."

"I— Thank you." You smiled a bit, unsure of what to say. "So, what's up?"