24

"Let me see your wound, dammit." Sting groaned, tugging at the bandages around your body. You kept pushing his hands away, trying not to hurt yourself.

"No way." You protested, taking your hand and slapping his away. He clicked his tongue in frustration, and then grabbed your wrists to make you stop.

"Listen, your wound needs to breathe. It also needs to be cleaned."

"They already did all that in the infirmary. Just leave it alone."

"Just let me help you, dammit!"

You rolled your eyes, and let out a sigh before agreeing to let Sting tend to the wound Kagura had given you. He got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom, getting a wash cloth. He rinsed it, and then made soapy water to clean the wound with. As he did that, you unwrapped the bandages so that the wound could be seen, but still covered your chest. You scooted closer to the edge of the bed so it would be easier for Sting.

When he came out of the bathroom, you noticed that he kept his head down, refusing to look at you. You decided not to question it.

He got on his knees in front of you, so he could be at eye level with the wound. You figured it would be easier for him to clean it that way. You didn't question it.

He bit his lower lip as he stared at the wound, and took a deep breath and exhaled before raising the cloth to it. You didn't question it.

He started to clean the wound gently, and you tried your best to sit still. However, it was still very sensitive to the touch. Fortunately, it didn't take Sting very long to clean it.

When he was done, he kept looking at the wound. It was pretty red, but definitely not as bad as it was before. He took his fingers (which were not covered by his blue gloves) and gently touched it. You flinched a bit, not because of any pain, but rather due to the coldness of his finger tips. When he saw your flinch a bit, he finally looked up at you. And you looked down at him.

It felt like everything was okay. You felt warm and safe when he looked into your eyes. You felt softer than before, like you were able to be vulnerable with him and let him take care of you.

This was a moment where you took the opportunity to actually study his face. Sure, you knew what he looked like, but you actually had the chance to look over his features. His blue eyes, of course you've noticed those before. His scar, you noticed that when you were kids. But now you found yourself studying his cheeks, nose, his lips... he was attractive, there was no doubt about that.

You gently placed your hand on his cheek, not for any reason, really. It just felt like the right thing to do. When you did that, you expected him to pull away from you. But he didn't. He leaned into your hand, closing his eyes for a moment. You smiled to yourself when he did, but quickly changed your face when he opened his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice soft. It was almost a whisper, but not quite.

"Mhm." You hummed and nodded your head quickly, taking your hand off of his cheek. He nodded himself, and turned his head away from you towards the door. He got up from his knees and stood tall, and you assumed that he was going to get ready to leave. But instead, he turned back to face you, and leaned closer to you. You weren't sure what he was doing, but you put your hands up in an attempt to stop him, or catch him if he fell.

He did fall, but he caught himself with his hands. So now, you were laying on your back, your arms held close to your chest. And Sting was hovering over you, both arms on either side of you, holding himself up.

"Sting... are you okay?" You asked him, your voice almost a whisper like his.

"I'm fine." He replied, his voice matching yours.