19

Romeo hurried back to the local bar that the rest of his guild was at, celebrating their first day of games. He was lucky to see you, and he wanted the rest of the guild to know that he had seen you.

"Guys! Guys!" He shouted as he ran into the pub, all of the guild members looking over at him.

"What is it, Romeo?" Wakaba asked, letting out a puff of smoke.

"I saw Y/n!"

"When!?" Natsu would stop what he was doing immediately, giving Romeo his undivided attention.

"Just now!"

"Did she say anything to you?" Cana asked through hiccups. "Anything that could help us knock down those Sabers a few pegs?"

"No, nothing like that. We just said that we missed each other. And I asked when she's coming home."

"Well? When is she coming home to Fairy Tail?" Makarov would ask from his spot at the bar, MiraJane nearby. She would be biting the inside of her cheek, a slight anxiety rising.

After all the years of being the head waitress of Fairy Tail, she's heard a lot of gossip for everyone, intentionally and unintentionally. Since being back, she's heard a few conversations from Macao and Wakaba. She's also heard rumors from locals, but she never wanted to believe it. However, after hearing the conversations, she had no choice but to assume those rumors were true. She looked at the two of them in a much different light now.

Though, Macao hadn't came clean about what he did back then. And he was hoping that it would stay a secret. Unknown to him, Mira knew a lot more than anyone did. MiraJane didn't have the heart to tell anyone in the guild about what she had heard, not even Master Makarov. She would wait until the guilt built up in Macao enough so that he would spill the details himself, or wait until after the games to say something.

"She doesn't know." Romeo said sadly, and then shot a glare at his father. Macao would ignore it, but it wouldn't go unnoticed.

"Romeo, I think it's time you head back to the hotel room. It's passed your bedtime." Macao would lie, just wanting his son out of the bar in case he opened his mouth about a certain topic.

Over the years, Macao did have a growing guilt in his stomach. However, he had learned to manage it so he didn't have to carry the weight. After all, it was to help Fairy Tail to get out of debt. He was sure that anyone else would have done the same thing.

Though, as state previously, the money never did help the guild because it never made it out of Fairy Tail's hands. Or rather, it was spent on alcohol for the guild. Not even a little amount was used to pay off bills or debts.

"I don't have a bedtime, dad." Romeo crossed his arms. "You just don't want me here."

"We have a big day tomorrow. Don't argue with me." He scolded him. Romeo would roll his eyes and eventually agree, leaving the bar. When he did, everyone fell silent, looking at Macao.

"Macao, what happened the day Y/n left?" MiraJane asked him, almost giving him the same glare Romeo did earlier. The room began to grow tense, almost like a thick fog you couldn't see through. Everyone could feel it, and couldn't do anything but what it unfold.

"She came up to me and said she was leaving. There was no work, so I didn't blame her." Macao shrugged, taking a sip of his drink.

"She wouldn't have just up and left." Erza shook her head, now butting into the conversation. "She was very grateful to us. She wouldn't have left, at least not like that."

"Yeah, I mean, she saw everyone here as family." Gray interrupted. "Natsu as an older brother, Romeo as a little one... hell, she looked up to Erza. Even Laxus for whatever reason."