36

After a while of walking, you all finally met up with Rufus, Orga, and Dobengal. For the first time ever in the history of Sabertooth, it seemed that everyone was genuinely glad to see each other alive and well. And if not that, it certainly was the first time everyone worked together as a team inside of fending for themselves.

"We were hoping to see you three soon." Orga smiled a bit, crossing his arms. "Sorry we had to leave you with the dragon, Y/n."

"Yeah, what was up with that!?" You yelled, accidentally right in Sting's ear. He would make a face but only you couldn't see it. From there, Sting put you down. If you were being honest, you felt like you were able to walk a long time ago, you just didn't want to tell him. "I could have died! I'm pretty sure I did... I don't know! Something weird happened somewhere in the middle!"

"The important thing is that you're here, my dear." Rufus smiled. But as always, on cue, Sting groaned at the pet name.

"Thanks." You smiled a bit, taking a quick glance at Sting's face. He looked annoyed, but he always did when Rufus was around you, especially after calling you his pet name for you. You took a deep breath and sighed. "You can just call me 'Y/n,' Rufus. There's no need for the pet name. I just... like my name better."

Rufus understood exactly. He couldn't help but smile a bit bigger, and nod his head. "That will not be an issue, Y/n." He responded to you. As for Sting, he was actually shocked, but he wasn't going to complain, not at all. In fact, he felt happy that you were able to cut that off, and proud that you did it as quickly as that. At the same time though, it had always been that easy. However, a win was a win to him, especially after all of the negative situations that had happened over the past few days to now.

"I'm just glad that we're all alive." Rogue smiled softly, but his smile would fade just a bit. You noticed this and decided that you would talk to him later in private. You didn't want to force him to say anything right now, especially since everyone was trying to be so positive.

"Hey, have you guys seen Yukino? I haven't really seen her since the games." You looked around at everyone's reactions, but they all shook their heads, except Dobengal.

"The second day of the games she was recruited into the Royal Army under a temporary rank." He explained, and everyone had freaked out.

"What!? That's crazy!"

"I suspect that she was working on the Eclipse project."

"She was helping to bring in these dragons? No way." You shook your head. "We'll just have to find her and ask her."

"Right, I think it's a good idea to find her." Orga nodded.

"But has anyone seen M'La— Minerva?" Sting inquired, and yet again, everyone shook their heads. "Maybe we should split up and look for them?"

"I think that's a good idea. I'll take Orga and Dobengal with me to find the Lady. You three can go and find Yukino." Rufus said, and the three of you nodded.

Rufus, Orga and Dobengal left first, walking past the three of you to find Minerva. The first place they were going to check was her last known location; the building where she fought Erza.

"Where should we look for Yukino?" Righ asked you and Sting.

"Pfft, don't ask me, I have no clue." Sting shrugged.

"I saw a yellow light from the palace a while ago. Maybe she's there? I mean, if what Dobengal said was true and she really was with the Royal Army, then there's a good chance she's there."

"Good idea." Sting nodded, and then put his hand on top of your head, ruffling your hair a bit. "Smart little brain."

"Little brain? I feel like that contradicts 'smart,' but okay." You sighed.