25

"And the next event is pandemonium! There will be one participant from each guild. Please choose your representative!"

"Who do you think will compete, Y/n?" Lola asked, but you just shrugged.

"Sting of course! Since he's the strongest!"

"Honestly, I think Rogue should." You crossed your arms, just wanting to annoy Lector.

"Fro thinks so too!"

"Wha!? Sting would be great at this!"

"Nah, I think Rogue should participate."

As Lector was about to say something, Chapati came over the speakers. "All of our participants have been selected!" In the sky, holograms of the participants appeared, and you were a little disappointed to see that Orga was competing. But, you saw Erza and Cana's pictures displayed. You were hoping that Fairy Tail would get the win. And you could hope that now that you weren't technically in the games.

"From Sabertooth, Orga! Lamia Scale, Jura! Blue Pegasus, Hibiki! Raven Tail, Obra! Mermaid Heel, Millianna! From Quatro Puppy, Novali! Fairy Tail Team A, Erza! And Team B, Cana!"

Once they announced all the participants, a dark magic circle appeared in the sky. From it, a castle that you could only describe as gothic started to emerge, but upside down. Everyone was in shock, and even the participants looked a bit worried. When you saw Erza's face, you knew that something was wrong. You had never known Erza to be afraid of anything. But she genuinely looked nervous.

"Pandemonium, a temple haunted by evil monsters!" The pumpkin head explained. "There are a hundred monsters inside this temple. That being said, they are actually magical manifestations that we have created. So, everyone can relax! There is no danger of you being attacked."

"Thank goodness." You exhaled.

"Aw man, that's no fun." Lector pouted.

"What do you mean?! If they were real monsters, people could get really hurt!" Lola shouted at Lector, but he just continued to pout.

"The monsters are ranked D, C, B, A, and S! Those are the five levels of power the monsters are divided into. This is how it breaks down." The pumpkin head said, and everyone turned to the screen. 50 D class, 30 C class, 15 B class, 4 A class, and 1 S class. Then the screen started to show the monsters that roamed the said temple. They looked like dinosaurs, but made completely out of metal. Civilians cowered, trying their best to look away from the frightening sight, but they were still so interested that they couldn't look away. As for you, maybe you were glad to be taken out of the games. It could've been you down there, but you knew you would be able to do it. If it wasn't for stupid Eucliffe.

"Ones like these, and ones even stronger roam the temple... That's pandemonium, kabo! Please note that as the class of monsters go up, their fighting strength goes up exponentially! The S class monster is so strong that there is no guarantee that even all ten wizard saints can take it, kabo!"

You started to feel worried for the participants on the field, even Orga.

"In order, each of you will choose the number of monsters you wish to go up against. For example, if you choose three monsters, three of them will appear inside the temple. The person who chooses them goes in alone. If the person successfully destroys them, their team receives 3 points. The next participant then has the right to challenge the last 97 if they wish. And so on and so on, until there are zero monsters left! Alternatively, if everyone's magic power runs out, the game ends. Whenever a person chooses one or five, the monsters appear randomly. You are to remain in the temple until successful."

"This is insane... I feel like this is going too far." You said to yourself.

"I think I agree with you." One of your guild mates said, but you didn't know who they were. You may have seen them a few times, but you didn't know their name, or anything about them. Thinking about it, you didn't really know anyone in the guild except the top ten. If this guild was anything like an actual guild, you would know everyone.