43

A short chapter ahead, my apologies! Also, may introduce some OCs to keep it interesting?
Edit: I just busted this out in like 2 hours, and I'm updating it now as an apology for making you all wait so long. Much love🫶
___________________________

A few months had passed since you and Sting became official. Everything was going great. He would make time for you in between his guild master duties, he would buy you gifts, and a few times out of the week, he would stay with you. And if Rogue was out of town on a job, you would stay with him. You both made sure to still have your own hobbies and space from each other if needed, and it was overall a pretty healthy relationship. But of course, you can't have pros without some cons.

Sting was extremely protective and jealous. Anyone who was anyone could see that. He wouldn't let you go on jobs by yourself unless you were with him or Rogue. If Sting couldn't join you, he would ask Rogue to accompany you, since he was the only one Sting truly trusted with you. Sometimes he would let you join Yukino too, depending on the job.

But going on a job with Dobengal? No. With Orga? Also no. Rufus? Fuck no. Absolutely not. That was a 'boundary' Sting set. You saw it more as a rule. You couldn't even talk to Rufus without Sting going off the rails. Rufus was aware of the rule, and thought it was a little ridiculous himself, but he would respect it. Sting being 'controlling' made you a bit upset, but you did truly want it to work, so you just went with it.

But you weren't perfect either. You could also get pretty jealous. Sting was good looking, strong, powerful, and held the title of Sabertooth's guild master. Of course there would be other girls trying to shoot their shot, some guys too. There was nothing you could do other than trust Sting, because you weren't one for confrontation when it came to this. There were times where it made you feel sick, so sick that you refused to get out of bed, refused to go to the guild, refused to talk, and probably worst of all, refused to talk to Sting. Sometimes, you would refuse to even look at him. This caused some arguments, sure. But your feelings for each other were too strong to stay made at each other.

This most recent time, you decided to go on a job. It was a fairly easy job, and would take about two, three days tops. Only because it was in a different city. You brought it to Yukino to approve, and she gave you a weak smile.

"Is anyone going with you?" She asked, and you shook your head.

"No, it's an easy job. I can do it myself." You assured her, but she shook your head.

"I'm not allowed to approve any jobs you want to take, you have to go through Sting."

"Since when!? You've always approved if I had Rogue with me, hell, even some in town that I've done by myself!"

"Sting came and talked to me recently. I'm sorry. Maybe you should talk to him about this?"

You rolled your eyes, but not at her, at the situation. You took her advice and made your way to Sting's office. You listened closely at the door at first, and heard nothing. You then knocked a few times, and waited for an answer.

"Come in." His voice was monotone, and you could tell he was focusing.

You made your way in, and closed the door behind you. "Hey." You simply said. When he realized it was you, he turned around in his chair with a bright smile.

"Hey, babe." His voice seemed to change, almost as if he got happier. However, it would soon change when his eyes fell on a piece of paper in your hands. "What's that?"

"A job I want to take. Yukino informed me that I now have to go through you if I want to take a job."

"That's right."