9

×Angie POV×

Honestly, I stood seriously next to myself. After I used my magic on the demons I tried so hard to hold all of my emotions together but pathetically failed.

My exhaustion turned into grief once I stepped foot into the building, so I cried and cried until there weren't any tears left. It wasn't quiet or sweet, it was the violent kind of sadness.

Then, I got really fucking angry. At the world, at me, at God I guess. Mostly at Alastair. That was when I started drinking to build up confidence to even consider taking my clothes off and go taking a shower. After all that happened, I simply disgusted myself. But I bit through all of that, even managed to sew some of the wounds from the demons.

There was one nasty scratch on my back that I wasn't able to reach on my own but the alcohol made it easy to ignore. I didn't consider the vodka to come with his little friend "stupidity" though. In a sober state of mind, I wouldn't have called the Winchesters.

Objectively, Castiel and the hunters were my best shot at fighting Lilith and finding the traitor. Subjectively speaking I wanted to hide inside a very deep, very dark hole just at the thought of Deans presence. He made me feel nervous, paranoid even. Not that I blame him, he just saw me for the monster I really was.

Dean had been the better choice to get out of hell. He was righteous, brave and strong. Even in the darkest of places under the worst torture imaginable, he didn't loose his willpower, his principles. I heard how Alastair offered him every single day if Dean wanted to end the torture in exchange for ripping apart souls himself. It would have been an easy way out, a relief.
"Stick it up your ass.", he said every time in response.
That's how I knew he didn't deserve to be in hell. Not like I did.

After that whole journey down memory lane, my determination for revenge came back through. Which was why I was looking for Denise's number, Lens ex.

At that point, the Winchesters were already in my house and Dean was already getting under my skin.

And then there was this thing with Sam: When he touched me to get my attention, I felt this shallow demonic power inside of him. I felt it before when people were possessed or have been recently possessed by a demon but his body somehow radiated a lot of it. Normal people filtered it out but his system seemed to carry the energy within. I couldn't quite place it, but it wasn't pure evil. It was just kind of there. If I touched him for a longer time maybe I would know more but that was out of question for now.

I knew he noticed that I suspected something, that I had felt whatever it was. Even if Dean didn't interrupt the moment, I wouldn't have said anything.
I was the last person to judge someone for what they are.

I led the boys into the kitchen, getting three beers out of the fridge.

Everything was exactly like we left it. It seemed like this house has been frozen in time, protected from everything that has been going on on the outside. But I knew that was just an illusion. Also, my back started to hurt a lot more again, so I grabbed one of Lens pain killers she must've forgot to put away.

I quickly opened the bottles and I was already about to down the pill but I figured we wanted this conversation to go a lot friendlier, so I gave the guys their bottles first. I gave each of them a cling with mine, maintaining eye contact. Then I threw the pill in my mouth, washing it down with the liquid. As soon as the alcohol hit my tongue, I started to relax again. Placebo, maybe. Or the restalcohol.

"So how do you guys wanna play this?", I awkwardly started.

"We have a lot of questions.", Sam explained, sounding diplomatic somehow. This was gonna get emotional either way, might as well have someone in the room who acts like a professional.