13

×Dean POV×

I anticipated this drive to be a lot of things except for what it actually was: Normal.

It felt normal to have Angie sitting next to me, while I was driving the Impala as usual. The more time I spent with her, the more human she appeared to me.

By admitting that I gave her comfort in Hell, she made herself vulnerable. She didn't have to do that, especially after how I treated her. I was impressed by her honesty.

Ever since I came back it had been a fact to me that I've done nothing but bad, twisted and cruel things in Hell but apparently, I'd helped at least one person.
That was worth so, so much to me.

Still, I reminded myself not to let my guard down around her like this but truth was, I could have stayed like this for an even longer time but shortly after our last conversation ended, we arrived at the address. We parked by the street and Angie took the lead, knocking at the door.

"Denise?", she yelled. Getting right to the point, I see.

"I felt you were coming, but I hoped I was wrong.", someone from behind us suddenly said. I thought my heart skipped a beat.
Usually, it wasn't that easy to sneak up on me.

"Whoa! Can you like...teleport?", I questioned, looking at a small, black haired woman. She had heavy, kind of spiritual make up and she was wearing flowy, green pants. This must be Denise.

"No, I was in the garden.", she explained, staring at me as if I was an idiot. Then she gave Angie a judgy look. "Who's your boyfriend?"

She thought I was her boyfriend. Holy shit. Angie started coughing uncomfortably and I couldn't help but to grin at her.

"We aren't.. Doesn't matter. Denise, that's Dean Winchester. Dean, this is Denise.", Angie introduced us. Were her cheeks a little flushed?

The witch held her hand out to me, but I knew better than to take it: Angie had warned me that Denise was the empath- kind of witch. In her case that meant she could feel whatever I was feeling through physical contact.

Denise wasn't surprised that I left her hanging, she just continued to stare at me. Creepy.

"Great, now that we checked that off the list, you two can get into the garbage car that y'all have and drive until you left this state."
Now that I heard her talking for longer, I detected a small accent. It was different from Angie's, I couldn't quite place it though. If I wasn't so distracted by what she had said, maybe I could've identified the accent.

"Baby is not garbage!", I defended my car.

"You named your car Baby?" Angie wanted to know, looking at me confused as if I was suddenly a different person.

"Get into that thing, whatever you may call it and don't come back, Angelia.", Denise repeated herself, openly annoyed. She said Angie's full name as if it was a slur.
Her huge earrings were dangling from left to right.

"We need your help.", Angie revealed, not making any effort to respect the witches order. She had her arms crossed infront of her chest and it seemed like she had to force that last sentence out. Angie didn't like to ask for help, I suddenly reminded myself.

"I couldn't care less.", Denise spat out, trying to walk past us into the house.

"If it was Len who was asking, you'd help her too.", she tried to argue.
Wrong. Choice. Of. Words.
It was like a fire was set in the witches eyes. She looked at Angie as if she wanted to burn her down to the ground.

"Don't you dare use her name to get something from me. She's dead because of you!" Denise came closer and closer into Angie's direction, resulting in her simultaneously stepping back further.