56

×Dean POV×

One second I had looked at Angie and my brother and one quick blink after I was in a completely different space.

Everything here was obviously designed to make me feel safe and ironically, it achieved the complete opposite.
"What is this, where the hell am I?"

"Call it the green room.", Zachariah suggested.
Nothing about this was green. The high walls, the golden decor, the ancient paintings on the wall.
On the table in front of me were a dozen burgers and champagne, it was all laid out as if someone had been expecting a lot of guests.

"Try a burger, they're your favorite.
From that sea-side shack in Delaware. You were 11, I think."
Not creepy at all.

"I'm not hungry.", I refused, eyeing the table as if a monster could crawl out of the food and jump me.

"No? How about ginger from season two of Gilligan's Island? You do have a thing for her, don't you?"

"Tempting. Weird.", were the only comments I had in mind.

"We'll throw in Mary Ann for free.", Zachariah offered as if this was a market and he really wanted me to boy some of his stuff.

"No, no. It's-"

"Aah, your little girlfriend", he interrupted me happily. Zachariah obviously wanted to make it seem like he was understanding my experience, as if he knew what a relationship was like but it was all fake.
I was damn sure he didn't care at all which only made me question why he was so eager to pretend all of the sudden.

"Well, you can call me if you need anything.", Zachariah added walking towards the door and closing it on his way out.

He could've easily teleported out but he chose to appear more human.

I didn't know what exactly I had been expecting but it wasn't this place and most definitely not all those almost desperate attempts from Zachariah to get me to enjoy this.

This felt more like Hansel and Gretel, in which I was one of the kids being stuffed with candy and Zachariah played the witch part.

If something was too good to be true, most times it just wasn't sure. I tried following the angel through the same door but it was locked.
After testing the one at the other end of the room I realized I was stuck here.

I never liked being trapped but since hell that was a whole different kind of issue. Didn't matter that this "green room" seemed noble and innocent, I wanted out.

For maybe half an hour, I tried picking the lock, smashing things through the door, screaming and then swearing until Zachariah finally came back.

"Quit hurling feces like a howler monkey, would you? It's unbecoming.", he ordered me, looking as if I was no more than a disobedient pet.

"I changed my mind, alright? Just let me out of here.", I said, hating how stressed I already sounded.
Breathe in.
Breathe in deeper.
And out-

"Like I told you, too dangerous out there. Demons on the prowl."
I'd rather take the demons than Zachariahs smug face. Something was terribly wrong here.

"I've been getting my ass kicked all year and now you're sweating my safety? You're lying. I wanna see my family."
I had to see my family.

"That's ill advised."
I hated the angel.
I hated how he stood there like he was the king of the world, he was so stiff and upright it was inhuman.

"You know, I am sick of your crap. What the hell is going on? Why don't you want me to be there when Sam and Angie ice Lilith?"

"They're not... going to ice Lilith.", he corrected me.