27

×Angie POV×

Having Dean Winchester sleep on me had something incredibly soothing.
Even though it was just his head and one arm resting on me, it felt like a weighted blanket.
Our position was intimate, as if we were a couple but there was nothing sexual about this.

Dean's sculpted lips were parted slightly to accommodate his shallow breathing, his jaw already looked much more relaxed. He looked almost boy-ish, overall younger and peaceful.
The sweep of his lashes rested delicately against his cheekbones.

I was a little angry at myself because now that I'd finally have time to just admire him and count the freckles on his nose, I felt myself getting really tired myself.

Dean started snorring and I kept playing with his hair until I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

When I woke up again, Dean hadn't moved an inch from his position. The only thing that changed was, that his green eyes looked directly at me.

"Hey, you.", he greeted me in a sleepy voice and something deep in my stomach instantly clenched.
I could get used to that.

"You slept well?", I asked him, knowing full well that he would lie if I'd pose the question that I really wanted to learn the answer to: Are you okay?

"Yeah. I'm sorry.", he apologized and started grinding his teeth.

"Why? Did you drool on me?", I tried to joke.

"Actually a little bit.", he realized amused, patting his hand on my stomach. I didn't mind his spit one bit.
"But I meant yesterday. And tonight."

"You have nothing to apologize for. If it makes you feel better, you helped me sleep... again.", I confessed, immediately triggering a yawn.

"I can keep doing that. Keep sleeping next to you.", he offered sincerely, letting his head drop again as if he wanted to demonstrate how serious he was.

"Yeah, only if you tell me when you think you're having a panic attack."
I could pinpoint the second when he tensed again but I couldn't just let that go. I only went in to tell him the food was ready and had noticed the shower was still running after all that time.

I had a really bad feeling about Dean being alone in the bathroom, I had suspected that maybe he slipped or even that Alastair had still gotten to him somehow.
Seeing him broken down under the cold water wasn't exactly better.

"Dean, those are no joke. You just deal with everything yourself, it's not surprising that it creeps up on you.", I almost whispered.

There was this tortured look on his face.
"Those started after Hell. They got better and-"

"And now it's worse again.", I finished his sentence.
If we considered the fact that we had been to literal hell it was a wonder that none of us have been admitted to a psych ward yet.
Wether it was my nightmares or Deans panic attacks- it could've been a lot worse.

"So, you promise?", I circled back to my original question.

"I'll try."
I sighed. That was probably the best I could get out of him right now.
Dean's stomach made an audible sound and we both chuckled.

Turned out we had slept through from last evening up until past 1 pm today.
Cas might've restored his bodys energy levels while healing him, but that didn't fulfill the stomach.
No wonder he was hungry.

Dean went to the bathroom first and I was immediately missing his weight on me.

As I sat at the table in the living room and drank my coffee, Sam spotted me and took the seat in front of me.
I noticed Bobby's usual chill-out spot on the sofa wasn't occupied.