48

×Dean POV×

My idea to astral project wasn't the craziest I ever had and still my brother was acting like I had lost my mind.

Even Pamela wasn't exactly happy to help us take a stroll through the spirit world. Angie had tried to contact Denise but she wouldn't even pick up her phone.

When Pamela arrived several hours later, her attitude switched as soon as she met Angie. I would've thought since it was an angel who blinded her permanently she would act very distant towards her but it was the complete opposite. For some reason, Pamela seemed to relax and performed the spell for us.

It was probably selfish to include the witch in the danger of this situation but honestly I felt more comfortable it was Pamela watching over our bodies while we were absent.

I felt like walking fogg, the sensation of being here but not being able to touch anything was really weird. In curiosity I tried reaching through Sam's stomach who looked at me disturbed.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?", I asked. His face told me all I needed to know.

"Get out of me."

"You're such a prude.", I complained but Angie got closer to me to tell me something.

"You can get inside of me later, now come on.", she whispered.
This woman was really something else.
Was it possible for ghost's to get a boner?

Thankfully, I could take my mind off that little issue when Sam spotted a kid looking at us from his window. It wasn't just that he was clearly able to see us, we also recognized him as Cole from the newspaper: The kid who had died from an asthma attack.

We got inside his house past his grieving mother and after some conversation difficulties, he told us that black smoke took the reaper away.

In some way he reminded me of Sam that age and I felt bad for him. Just because he couldn't get help in time he had to leave earth this fast. He didn't even get to grow up, have his first kiss or finish school. It wasn't fair.

Cole would've revealed to us where the black smoke was right now if only another reaper wasn't already on his case again.

There was immediately this distinct familiarity with that female reaper because she acted like we've known each other but I told her she'd have to refreshen my memory. She kissed me and pictures and feelings from the hospital flooded before my eyes. It was after the accident with dad where I had almost died.

Tessa was the reaper who had been supposed to take me, I remembered all of it. Maybe my brother realized I needed some time alone with the reaper because he offered that him and Angie would try and comfort the kid.

Although she agreed I couldn't help but to notice Angie's neutral expression. Some might say she was unbothered but I knew better: She was hurt that Tessa kissed me.

I didn't blame her, she couldn't possibly know what went on between us and that it had been far from romantic.

I reached for Angie's hand before she got too high on the stairs and squeezed it reassuringly. To my relief, she lightly squeezed back, giving me a curious look which told me she would ask about Tessa later.

I would've anticipated that this situation would get a lot more complicated but Angie seemed to have enough trust in me to let me real with this on my own first, which I was very thankful for.

"I'll tell ya, life is funny.", Tessa started randomly.

"What do you mean?"

"You and me, together again.", she said meaningfully.