40

×Angie POV×

Our system had worked incredibly well: The three of us managed to stop two seals from breaking. Even Cas admitted that heaven hadn't even been aware that those specific seals were being targeted.

Sam and I were a walking and talking early warning system. Somehow I felt like it drew us closer together. Len always said I was her best friend and she was mine but I always thought that didn't really count since she had also been my sister.

Apart from Jason, whom I didn't hear anything anymore after he found out what I was, I never had another best friend. Sam was becoming exactly that to me, despite already knowing about the nephilim- thing.

It was just a bummer he came inside a package deal that included the person who basically crushed my self esteem and made me build myself up all over again.

Dean was irritating.
I was always hyper aware of his position in the room when we went on a hunt, I caught myself staring at his face way too often and at the end of the day I was just relieved I could close the door behind myself and be away from my feelings.

The Winchesters wanted to stay in one motel room and it made sense because we'd be safer together but I insisted on staying in my own room.

Yesterday Dean knocked, said he wanted to talk and apologize again and I told him I was over it.

"Angie.. let's break this down.", he insisted, watching me closely with those ridiculously green eyes.

"Or I break your face.", I threatened.

He took the hint and left.

I wasn't only angry at him anymore, I felt more betrayed by myself because I never stopped feeling attracted to him. He was still calming me down without trying. The only thing that shifted was my trust in him.

Not when it came to his personality: I whole heartedly believed Dean was a good person, the best hunter I've ever known, ambitious to fight for what was right.

I just didn't trust him when it came to myself.

×××

Our third hunt together didn't go as expected.

Sam's vision had brought us to Wisconsin, where Lilith or presumably one of the demons working for her, had performed a ritual to awake a snake which had been lying underground for several thousands of years.

The snake and the place on where to find it were accurate, there was just one issue: When we checked up on the monster, it already wasn't asleep anymore.

"Goddamn it, Sam!! How could you not realize that it's THIS big!!"
Dean was screaming up at his brother.

This whole thing was a disaster.
Sam had thought the snake had been in some kind of capsule under the ground but it was actually a bunker, which completely changed the proportions Sam had seen in his vision.

We were being chased by a disoriented, dark green snake. Could've easily been a dragon, I didn't even know anymore at this point.

Sam was answering Dean, I just couldn't hear it because I was still running towards the dangling ladder in the corner of the bunker.