41

×Angie POV×

Since the "reptile incident"(how Sam called it) or the "snake catastrophe"(how I called it) our optimism streak took a serious hit.

Dean's and my relationship had evolved from me wanting to be far away from him because I actually felt myself drawn to the older Winchester to him acting insulted because of it.

How did people handle emotional stuff like this? Why did noone prepare me for those twisted feelings whenever I only even thought about Dean?

The worst thing was, that he had been right. I should have trusted him and jumped, my magic wouldn't have been that overused then.

I felt bad because he didn't even have to stay on that platform so long if it wasn't for me. He accused me of putting myself in unnecessary danger by jumping without help but he didn't even blame me that I had been endangering him too.

The moment when he pulled me into his arms I knew I was safe. Even on the car ride I felt like I was supposed to lay there forever.

I shouldn't want the physical contact but still I craved it.
And it wasn't like I was scouting out bars for a potential hook up, those feelings were restricted to one person only: Dean.

The atmosphere was tense and his day drinking didn't exactly improve that.
I wouldn't say that Dean was drunk. Maybe he'd built up such a strong resistance already, that he couldn't even be if he wanted. Right now he was slightly buzzed.

"Since Sam isn't picking up any woodo vibes..."

"Dude. It has nothing to do with woodo!", his brother intervened for the what felt like the 100th time.

"Yeah, that's why I said that you aren't picking them up. I'm not the dumbass here."
Dean experimentally cut his sandwich once more and eyed it with so much doubt it almost made me laugh.

"You're talking nonsense!", Sam accused him but Dean just shrugged his shoulders.

"Zei la vey", he muttered, opening another can of beer. I knew he wanted something to down the sandwich with.

"It's c'est la vie.", I corrected automatically. I didn't need to look to know that Dean was rolling his eyes at me. He probably didn't need to look at me either to know I was holding up my middle finger at him.

We were royally pissed for such a long time now that we had each others movements and reactions memorized. The only thing missing was Sam's desperate attempt to stamp out the upcoming fire between me and his brother to prevent another fight.

"This doesn't lead us anywhere.", he sighed.
Like clockwork.

"Ya don't think, Sammy.", I said sarcastically.

"I'm the only one who gets to call him that.", Dean insisted, handing me one triangle of the sandwich which I subconsciously grabbed because I was still invested in the conversation.

"Maybe you're selfish."
I didn't even care about the nickname, I already had my own one for Sam: Tree.

"Write that onto the list of the things you hate about me.", he said, resignated.

"Bold of you to assume there's space left."
I bit into the sandwich, only now realizing that I'd been hungry this whole time.
God, if he knew how long the list of the things I loved about him was, I'd never hear the end of it.