16

×Angie POV×

I was shocked by myself.

When Dean had pulled me out of the nightmare, I was just so desperate for shelter and some... peace. Even in my dream I could feel his presence and it was the only thing allowing me to actually sleep.

Which now made me feel so fucking embarrassed, I couldn't stand myself. That Dean felt so sorry for me that he even offered to practically hold my hand again so that I could sleep was my last straw.
This whole pretending we could be friends thing needed to end immediately.

What would happen if we weren't required to stay together anymore after we'd kill Alastair?
I couldn't rely myself on Dean for simple things like sleeping because he won't be there forever. This thing could only end with me being alone.
Without Len, without anyone.
Maybe that was just my punishment for breaking the first seal.
Or even for just existing.

If heaven once thought I was worth to be saved from hell, they surely changed their mind by now.
Despite Castiel believing in me, they made it clear to avoid contact with me.
It was strange to think of the angels as my family. One of the angels was my father and even though I didn't know it any other way for my whole life I always wanted to know more about him.

"If we'll keep driving like that without an additional pause we'll arrive at 17:00 o'clock.", I said to Dean.

"Did you just invent a new time or are you using some military system?", he jokingly asked.
I wanted to just explain it to him but I needed to block him off. For my own sake.

"No, Dean. Basically everyone uses it except for America. It's 5 pm.", I answered, dryly.
If my tone had upset him, he didn't let it show.

And that was how all of our conversations until we got to Sam's motel went: Dean tried initiating the conversation a few times and I always gave him short answers until he gave up.
It was easy to fall back into this habit of being strangers. I just needed to remind myself that under different circumstances, I was one of the monsters Dean hunted.

Last time I checked you were the monster here.

Dean had said that to me, back at Lens and my house.

It was something Isabel would tell me all the time. That I had to fight my instincts and just pray my human part was stronger than the magic inside of me.

I was snatched out of my thoughts, when we arrived at another motel. Sam apparently expected Dean to come, maybe Castiel had already told him that he went to come get his brother.

He seemed a little surprised to see me though. But what I said earlier to Dean was nothing less but the truth: If it was Len, I'd leave everything for her.
The bond between siblings, it was something I understood, something so natural that you couldn't fight against it.

Especially growing up hunting, you had to trust each other to have your back. Because it's not a fight about who gets the biggest room in the house, the fights are usually about living or dying.

While Sam was explaining the situation inside the town we were in, I gave Dean the cold shoulder, didn't say more than the bare minimum.
But doing that to Sam- I just couldn't.
Him with his golden retriever energy and his similarities to my sister... I had to spare him from my desperate try to protect myself.
Wasn't his fault his brother fucked up my psyche.

"So what you're saying is that a... leprechaun is basically tormenting this village?", I asked him.

"Well, it was two of them, Cas and I already managed to kill one. They start playing tricks on a village until people murder each other."