22

×Angie POV×

I haven't slept that good since the hellhounds ripped me apart and dragged me to Hell, which surprised me because logically speaking I should've been thinking about what happened with Dean.

I tried, I really did, but I couldn't bring myself to regret what we did.
Dean probably wasn't even overthinking this as much as me in the first place. This had been just another normal evening for him.

If he was anything like me, he won't even want to talk about it and that's what calmed me down.

By the time the Winchesters came back, I was already dressed and I had packed all of our stuff since we wouldn't need to stay any longer in this town.
They looked like something crawled up their asses, so I immediately asked what was wrong.

"Bobby called. He needs help with a case.", Dean answered.

"He's kind of like an uncle or a father to us, he wouldn't be asking if he had any other option.", Sam added and kept talking.
Meanwhile I noticed Dean was looking at me kind of distracted and I realized he was searching for his hickeys on my neck.
Without thinking I covered the skin where they were supposed to be with my hand.

"Self healing.", I whispered and he his lips formed a small "ah" in realization. For some reason I didn't want to leave Dean thinking that I covered his hickeys and his bruises on me with makeup, they just weren't there anymore in the first place.

"Guys, are you even listening?", Sam interrupted our moment.

"You said Bobby's family and he's on a case?", I followed up, forcing myself to look away from Dean.

"Yeah.", the younger brother confirmed, kind of confused as if I brought him out if concept. I bet he wanted to know what was going on between Dean and I.

But someone was in danger and this wasn't the time for a therapy session.
Not that I'd ever admit it if it was actually the right time.

"I'm coming with you.", I declared, grabbing my bag and standing up.

Sam and Dean just kind of looked at me confused, standing there indecisively.

"Is that really that easy of a decision for you? Because we'd understand that you'd be frustrated with all the interruptions.", Sam explained carefully, turning his head slightly to the side.

"I'm a hunter.", I reminded him. "Those people involved in Bobby's case are in danger right now and we can save them today.
Tomorrow is another day to kill the greatest torturer of hell." Suddenly another thought crossed my mind. Maybe Sam had just said that to be nice, to hint that I shouldn't come along.

"Unless you don't want me there.", I added neutrally.

"No, we do.", Dean answered for his brother and him.
He looked at me kind of proud and Sam even smiled at me.

"You were so fixated on revenge, we just thought..", Dean tried to explain but I stopped him right there.

"Thought wrong."

If yesterday showed me something, then it was that there was more to life than revenge. And I didn't mean the possibly best orgasm of my life, I meant the fun we had joking around in that bar, that I sang again and ultimately, that I slept without being haunted.

We checked out, went back to the car. I was already heading for the backseat, when Dean cleared his voice behind me.
Without another comment, he tossed me the keys.

"You're actually letting her drive?", Sam said, a hint of jealousy bleeding through his surprise.

"Deal is a deal.", Dean answered.
I would've expected a speech.
I would've thought he'd be paranoid and explain things that were special on Baby and then remind me a thousand times to be careful.

The lecture never came so I sat down and as soon as everybody settled in, I turned the key, hearing the already familiar rumble of the engine.

I smiled over to Dean on the passenger seat who seemed to have different emotions about this.

Well, too late. I started driving with ease, quickly adjusting to the car. I never had one on my own, always drove different one's so I never got used to a particular car.

Sam in the backseat yawned a few times. I was tempted to know what happened with the waitress but I didn't want him to ask about Dean and me in return, so I kept my mouth shut.

Half an hour later, when I checked up on him again, he was sound asleep with his mouth a little bit open and his hair falling into his face.

"He's sleeping.", Dean noticed too. Then he looked at me as if he was trying to test something.
"How are you doing that?", he demanded in disbelief.

"What?"

"You're driving exactly like I would." It sounded like an accusation. As if I had stalked him to learn his mechanisms.

"No Dean, you just always drive like I would've.", I corrected him, making him clear that it makes sense the other way around too.

"That's just scary. Sam never sleeps in the car unless Dad or I drive. And not once since the motel did I have the urge to grab the wheel from you or push you from the seat."

He liked how I was driving and he didn't feel the need to criticize me. I called that a definite win.
Somehow getting this appreciation from him made me proud.

"You're upset because I'm a good driver.", I summarized amused. Dean didn't have a comeback so we just kept silent, looking at the road. In the background was still the music he chose and we both whipped a little bit to the tact.

From what I understood, Bobby himself lived elsewhere but he had a case not too far from us. We drove another hour and arrived in another little, seemingly innocent town.

Sam was awake again, giving me the instructions on where to drive because Bobby parked somewhere on the road. I noticed some crappy old truck and a guy, maybe in his fourties with a shotgun waving at us.

"That's him.", Dean said, unnecessarily. He signaled me to pull over.

"Yeah, I kinda figured." My voice was covered in a sarcastic undertone and I saw Sam grinning in the rearview mirror.

I turned of the car and symbolically caressed the steering wheel as if I wanted to thank the car.

"Cut the crap, Angie.", Dean growled but I saw the corners of his mouth twitch indicating that he found it funny as well.

"Let's go guys.", Sam said and we stepped out of the Impala.

Bobby squinted his eyes and seemed to tense once he realized that Dean hasn't been driving.

I wondered if and how Dean was gonna introduce us, when I felt something rip into my stomach. In the last split-second, I instinctively blocked the bullet with my magic from going deeper.
The actual sound of the gun shot followed one second later, then someone -presumably Dean- yelling.

I just stood there, surprised, holding my flat hand before my stomach. Even though it didn't go very far in, I reacted too late. The blood was already pouring out in streams.

I looked up again. Dean and Bobby seemed to scream nonsense at each other and Sam came running towards me.